GAME THREAD: 5/2, Sox @ TEX, 7:05pm WGN

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scenario @ May 2, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
I have a hard time picturing them playing tonight.

Especially after the incident at the Cowboys practice field an hour ago.

Gotta love these Texas thunderstorms.

This wave of storms are through... but there's a boatload of rain that's come down. That field has to be drenched.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 2, 2009 -> 05:56 PM)
What happened?

They have a "dome" for practice facilities and it collapsed in the middle of rookie camp due to straight line winds. Four people are in the hospital, 7 injured.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 2, 2009 -> 05:56 PM)
What happened?

A windstorm caused their practice bubble (inflatable building) to collapse. 7 people were injured. 1 critically. No names released yet.

I'm sure they'll be talking about it alot tonight on CNN, etc. There were video people inside and the whole thing got caught on film.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 2, 2009 -> 06:03 PM)
Gotta love these Texas thunderstorms.

I've lived in several places around the country, including Austin for a year.

I swear I've never seen rain anywhere like a Texas thunderstorm.

There's only one little shower - not a T-storm - it would pass really quickly. We are getting storms where I live (north of the ballpark) so really it just depends on whether or not these reform again, which they have been all day over the same area.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 2, 2009 -> 06:39 PM)
There's only one little shower - not a T-storm - it would pass really quickly. We are getting storms where I live (north of the ballpark) so really it just depends on whether or not these reform again, which they have been all day over the same area.

i hope they do, I took JD and Thome out of my fantasy baseball line-up based on your skills as a meteorologist. If you're wrong then Darcy Hordichuck's mother wears combat boots.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ May 2, 2009 -> 06:43 PM)
i hope they do, I took JD and Thome out of my fantasy baseball line-up based on your skills as a meteorologist. If you're wrong then Darcy Hordichuck's mother wears combat boots.

If they wait long enough, they could play it. It just depends on how long they want to wait it out.

And she probably does anyway because he needs his ass kicked besides in the rink once in a while. :lolhitting