GAME THREAD: 5/2, Sox @ TEX, 7:05pm WGN

Preview

"Ok, guys. We've won two games in a row. If we win tonight, that's called a winning streak. IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE."

Contreras seemed close to putting it back together last time out, and the weather will be warm. McCarthy is a bit of a head case, pitching against his first team. And the Sox pulled off a nice comeback last night. I like our chances in this one.

do re mi fa so la ti doooooo...

GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!

:gosox3:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)
This might be one of the least watched games in Sox history.

At least I'll have the luxury of when the Bulls go on a bad stretch I can flip it over to the Sox...and visa-versa.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 2, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
At least I'll have the luxury of when the Bulls go on a bad stretch I can flip it over to the Sox...and visa-versa.

Those 2 scenarios will not take place.

Death, Taxes and Ozzie Guillen

''He's going to start a few games in center field and see how it works,'' Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said. ''I want to put him at the top of the lineup, but I think it's too early, and [Chris] Getz is doing a tremendous job in the spot.

Why don't we let the rookie who is tearing it up stay at the leadoff spot and we let Pods stay down in the 9 spot for the time being. Anderson is probably back to 4th OF duty.

Of course now hopefully Ozzie minds the minor league splits and how Getz has done against lefties and doesnt turn this into a freaking platoon situation. Give it a week and Pods is your leadoff guy.

Guillen said Nix ''is going to play second base when a lefty is coming up. Sunday we have a lefty. I like the way he plays, and he does a lot of things to help us. Hopefully, he's healthy.''
Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2009 -> 01:20 PM)
Death, Taxes and Ozzie Guillen

Why don't we let the rookie who is tearing it up stay at the leadoff spot and we let Pods stay down in the 9 spot for the time being. Anderson is probably back to 4th OF duty.

Of course now hopefully Ozzie minds the minor league splits and how Getz has done against lefties and doesnt turn this into a freaking platoon situation. Give it a week and Pods is your leadoff guy.

Both terrible ideas, Getz is simply tearing in the leadoff spot, what else would you want from your leadoff guy?

Play Nix when Getz needs a day off.

Well, severe storms all over the place right now. We're looking down the barrel of a golfball/baseball size hail storm on it's way, should cross over the ballpark at 3:15 or so.

The storms are reforming to the west, so as I mentioned yesterday, we might see a DH tomorrow because the Sox don't come back to Arlington this year.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 2, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)
Well, severe storms all over the place right now. We're looking down the barrel of a golfball/baseball size hail storm on it's way, should cross over the ballpark at 3:15 or so.

The storms are reforming to the west, so as I mentioned yesterday, we might see a DH tomorrow because the Sox don't come back to Arlington this year.

I would love to see a DH tomorrow!

So pretty much as I typed this, the storms weakened, although we've gotten very heavy rain. The Ballpark drains pretty well.

As I said, though, there are storms reforming to the west... so stay tuned.

There's a severe thunderstorm over the Ballpark now. It's raining so hard you can't see outside. I would be shocked if they played, although I guess they could if they delay it... there doesn't appear to be any more storms forming out west.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 2, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
Maybe we can see that Danks vs B-Mac matchup afterall. If it's cancelled the Bulls have my undivided attention.. (alittle Blackhawks too)

and that would most likely be the scenario if theres a rainout right, contreras being skipped? :pray

Radar Indicates That 2 To 3 Inches Of Rain Has Already Fallen. Another 1 To 2 Inches Will Be Possible Through 815 PM CDT.

This from the NWS - I would be really surprised if the game is played.