THE Chicago White Sox vs Texas Rangers

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ May 4, 2009 -> 01:27 AM)
it seems like we just played out this game knowing we had already lost.

That's happened way too often this year. Just seems like there's no focus from the get-go. It's even more apparent when looking at the starts we're getting off to in games. I wonder how many innings we've led this year compared to innings we've trailed.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lillibridge isn't stellar in CF.

Already said it earlier that Nix's outstanding/out of this world glove can't do everything. Espeically when your trotting out Lillibridge in CF (SS is his strength) and Pods in RF.. (Quentin the better defender)

Phillips is making a great point. If $2 million is nothing to pay a mediocre players, why is it too much to pay for top of the line coaches? If Texas' hitting coach makes as much difference as been talked about, wouldn't giving him $2 million be a bargain?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2009 -> 08:27 PM)
Outside of one nice play vs Toronto, I would say his defense has been disappointing. At least Nix looks like, at worst, a strong defensive back-up.

He's made some nice plays tonight, can he play short?

QUOTE (scenario @ May 3, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)
Yeah, but this inning has potential to be another ugly black mark on his resume.

I am VERY happy to eat my words. Nice job by Carrasco to bail out of that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 3, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)
I don't know who Texas is going to trot to the mound in the 9th, but Danks would have had to pitch a shutout to get a win tonight.

That was sadly all too simple to call.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
Quite possibly 4 non-big league quality hitters in that lineup with Alexei doing his best impression of one thus far this season making it 5.

Thome being out of the lineup is just sad, we don't deserve to win this one.

Good luck Danksy, might have to pitch a shutout.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2009 -> 08:34 PM)
Pods with even one ball hit remotely well this weekend. He is done, finished, washed up, etc. Trotting him out to the field is the most embarrassing thing to happen during KW's tenure.

I think Jerry Owens getting called up last week was a lot worse.

I am no alarmist, but our team definitely is not an impressive unit. In this economy I could picture a lot of crowds of 20,000 this summer if we continue to sort of suck.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
Shame on you KW and Ozzie...this is not a competitive team you're putting on the field.

+1

Gotta make a better showing on national TV than having a lineup where Corky Miller bats 6th.

Our pathetic offensive showing tonight was a foregone conclusion with the dead weight we threw out there.

Fortunatly then AL Central sucks big time.

That's the only thing that's gotten my head straight looking up at this year. Noone wants to take the division so far, though Kansas City is better than some think though Greinke will come back down to earth.