Jenks was trying to throw at, but not hit Kinsler

Heads22

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 11, 2009 -> 05:19 PM)
I also read both teams were issued warnings before the game yesterday. It makes the White Sox offensive showing even more disgusting.

Padilla was awful in the first few innings of that game, but we couldn't capitalize. He had no offspeed pitch, and his fastball was in the 90 mph range. There were only 3 hard hit balls by the Sox all game, and 2 of them were Quentin.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)
We're the only team I know that needs to send a message that they were trying to send a message. I applaud Jenks for doing what he did (especially that it was low enough not to even threaten Kinsler's head), but there's no reason for him to publically admit he did this.

Agreed 100%.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:49 AM)
good to see the "message sent" really carried over into Sunday. Texas hitters looked really uncomfortable.

Ya think maybe it had to do with the fact that both pitchers were issued warnings before the game?

Since Ozzie has been here, the Sox don't handle this particular situation well at all. The Sox talk too much and do almost nothing about it. Then when a Sox pitcher finally does the right thing, he goes and screws it up by talking about it. Then the manager throws him under the bus for doing it.

The one thing that surprised/disappointed me the most was KW talking publicly about it beforehand. KW has more brains than Ozzie and I don't know what he was thinking when he went public with his comments. Still a big fan of KW though. Not so much Ozzie -- he's really worn thin.

I love Hawk but I bet he feels dumb. He just plain exploded after the ump warned Bobby. He went ballistic. I was laughing Hawk was so upset at the ump and here Bobby admits he threw behind the guy on purpose.

Bobby doesn't even hit a guy and he's probably going to get suspended. Great.

Bobby doesn't even hit a guy and he's probably going to get suspended. Great.

I'd be shocked personally. I'm betting it's probably going to be a hefty fine for him (probably the same with Dempster with that stunt against Braun), but I highly doubt they'll suspend him. Though with the way were playing, I'm sure Bobby probably wouldn't even get in a game (other than just to ge some work in/rust off) to shut it down anytime soon.