Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 5/11/09 6:05 CDT, WCIU

justBLAZE

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Vazquez is plenty OK for lower in the rotation.

We're missing him now.

That is not to say i wouldnt do the trade, but if we wanted to win this year, he wouldve been a help lower in the rotation.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 11, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
Vazquez is plenty OK for lower in the rotation.

We're missing him now.

I'd rather get blown out repeatedly than have to go through more Vazquez games. Honestly. I enjoy the Contreras debacles more.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:10 PM)
I'll stick up for DAllen and Greg Walker....Carlos Quentin says hello

CQ having a good year last year is because of Walker.......BS. Please the more Walker is around him the lower is average goes.

Floyd and Gobble make quite a team. I don't know what can be done with Floyd and hope he wasb't a one s*** wonder with his 17 wins last year. I don't think so, but he just can't get it together at all. Hitting wise it is just another low crawl throuhg the mud. My guess is that when BA can rejoin the club then Lillibridge goes down, but I don't think that is going to have any affect on these guys anyway. What does it take for this line up to be able to beat someone with an ERA of 6 or 7 or more? They make these guys look like Cy Young winners. I am tired of their lame excuses about how they haven't faced this guy or that one before.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:14 AM)
CQ having a good year last year is because of Walker.......BS. Please the more Walker is around him the lower is average goes.

I hate Greg Walker, so don't think I believe he does a good job. However, why can't you say the same about Cooper and Floyd then?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:14 AM)
I'd rather get blown out repeatedly than have to go through more Vazquez games. Honestly. I enjoy the Contreras debacles more.

Plus he is only about .500 for Atlanta anyway isn't he? Not much improvement win wise

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 11, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
What does it take for this line up to be able to beat someone with an ERA of 6 or 7 or more?

Right now, it takes Mark Buehrle or John Danks on the mound.

We got 4 runs in 6.1 innings off of him. That's an ERA of nearly 6. Even with the struggles, and lack of HR, the offense has produced points today.

Maybe the Indians, who I think are close to the worst bullpen in the majors, can bring us back into this game?

Getz 5/13, .385, against LHP so far this year (unfortunately didn't make contact against KC last week, same game Ramirez choked away).

Did Harrelson say "dad gummit" and go off on the umpires for that strike call on Getz?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
I hate Greg Walker, so don't think I believe he does a good job. However, why can't you say the same about Cooper and Floyd then?

Comparing Cooper to Walker is like MLB to Tee-Ball!