Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 5/11/09 6:05 CDT, WCIU

justBLAZE

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
You know the one thing that really does bother me about Walker? He's too damn patient with these young guys. How long did it take to finally get Anderson to overhaul his swing? Ditto Fields. Ditto Lillibridge. These guys need (ed) some serious help and it took forever for it to happen.

He's a very poor hitting coach. I think everyone knows that.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 11, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)
Why would it be so gutsy. He won 17 games last year with an ERA under 4 in the AL. Unless you are dying to see Lance Broadway get Felix Diazed every 5th day I would rather see if Floyd is salvageable. 3/5s of our rotation is a mess right now and the team isnt hitting at all.

I wonder if KW was ever offered Edwin Jackson? In retrospect, that would have been the best possible move. Matt Joyce was just a throw-in.

Everyone was questioning whether he could improve his peripherals, but he's been as good this year as Floyd was last year early on.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 11, 2009 -> 05:34 PM)
3.10 ERA, 1.12 WHIP.

That's what Gavin will have to do over the next 168 innings to match his numbers from his fluke season last year.

Over his first 17 starts last, year, covering over 3 months, Gavin put up a 1.12 WHIP and a 3.22 ERA.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
I wonder if KW was ever offered Edwin Jackson? In retrospect, that would have been the best possible move. Matt Joyce was just a throw-in.

Everyone was questioning whether he could improve his peripherals, but he's been as good this year as Floyd was last year early on.

Matt Joyce was a throw-in in a one-for-one deal, eh?

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 11, 2009 -> 06:34 PM)
3.10 ERA, 1.12 WHIP.

That's what Gavin will have to do over the next 168 innings to match his numbers from his fluke season last year.

Haha. You're really angry. I can feel it in your posts. Not nearly as angry as fathom tho.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 11, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
Pavano has been getting hammered most of the year! Floyd looks like crap again! :gosoxretro:

FWIW, he has won his last two starts, even though his overall stats look crappy, he's been "decent" recently.

Joins the list of Harrison (2X), Bergesen, Adam Eaton, Brian Tallet, Brandon McCarthy, now Pavano can be added to the Wall of Infamy for the Sox offense.

.311 BAA Floyd this year so far. Only 4 homers, all by LH hitters.

Edited by caulfield12

People keep asking why didn't we trade for players like Edwin Jackson, Coco Crisp, etc.? The reason is because besides Brandon Allen and Aaron Poreda, we had no one that we could trade that anyone really wanted. Another top 8 draft pick, to go along with the 4 pretty high picks this year, will continue to help the farm system improve.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
You know the one thing that really does bother me about Walker? He's too damn patient with these young guys. How long did it take to finally get Anderson to overhaul his swing? Ditto Fields. Ditto Lillibridge. These guys need (ed) some serious help and it took forever for it to happen.

The Lillibridge thing is crazy -- and not just from Walker. Here's a guy who has struck out A LOT the last 2 years, and he's got the damn bat wrapped around his head with his hands way up in the air. The man cannot get around on a pedestrian fastball!!!! Lower his hands and put the bat on a different plane!!!!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 10:41 PM)
People keep asking why didn't we trade for players like Edwin Jackson, Coco Crisp, etc.? The reason is because besides Brandon Allen and Aaron Poreda, we had no one that we could trade that anyone really wanted. Another top 8 draft pick, to go along with the 4 pretty high picks this year, will continue to help the farm system improve.

Exactly. Who would we have given up that was as good and ready as Matt Joyce? No one.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:40 AM)
Haha. You're really angry. I can feel it in your posts. Not nearly as angry as fathom tho.

You feeling better? You were in the same territory the other day? For me personally, I can't believe the relative ease that the Sox seem to be getting beat lately. As Ozzie stated yesterday, you don't want to create a culture where losing is acceptable.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:42 AM)
The Lillibridge thing is crazy -- and not just from Walker. Here's a guy who has struck out A LOT the last 2 years, and he's got the damn bat wrapped around his head with his hands way up in the air. The man cannot get around on a pedestrian fastball!!!! Lower his hands and put the bat on a different plane!!!!

Or how about make some change to Fields swing so he can actually drop the barrel on the ball once every 2 weeks?

The weird thing is that Fields and Betemit were clearly our best hitters in ST.

Betemit has been kidnapped by the Triad, and Fields can't hit a Pavano fastball...as Hawk always says, show me a major league hitter who can't hit a fastball, he better find himself a new career.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2009 -> 12:45 AM)
What was Fields doing so different in 2007?

Not sure, but his mechanics have definitely changed. He started trying that inside-out swing earlier in the year, and it's really slowed his bat down.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 11, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)

When I'm seeing a horrible performance, I like to just check at my leisure from time to time on the depressing comments. I dont want to see them pop up on the screen every second.