Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 5/11/09 6:05 CDT, WCIU

justBLAZE

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 11, 2009 -> 02:43 PM)
Better match up that way I think. Floyd needs to step up tonight though

A lot better match up, Richard will go vs Sowers who's ERA is in the 12s, Gavin needs to step it up and I hope he will (for the sake of my fantasy team too).

Bats need to wake the hell up, what's the temperature like in Cleveland? /pinch of green

With that said, I simply cannot wait for the game to start, even after poor performance last night, Go Sox.

Lillibridge is batting 2nd again. Simply put, that's the dumbest managerial decision I've ever seen. You don't put an automatic out in front of your best hitter. By no fault of his own, Lillibridge is my most unlikeable Sox player since Jaime Navarro.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 11, 2009 -> 02:04 PM)
I'm predicting a sweep, yes including heavy hitting Cliff Lee Wednesday!

I'm not sure there's a team out there that I could confidently say we would sweep in 3 games.

Think about all of the BS that was bantered about from Ozzie and company on how OBP and not a guys 40 speed were the deciding factor for top of the order guys. Yet again, we are going to give one of our worst hitters the most ABs in the game in front of our RBI guys. Maybe Ozzie needs to look in the mirror when he makes these lineups and wonder why we are one of the worst run producers in the AL. Lillibridge needs some ABs in the minors so he can shake this, I am a big homer guy thing he has going right now. Hit in on the ground and run like hell should be his motto.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
Not only that, but what kind of message is it sending to the team where Nix comes in, gives the team good at-bats and great fielding, and then gets benched for 3 straight games?

You know Alexei wasn't gonna be benched for more than two games.

It was suppose to be his wake up call, time will tell if it was.

Ozzie keeps on saying how Alexei is our starting SS, and there is nothing Nix can do, to change his stubborn mind.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 11, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
Thanks well than I guess there are no other options for CF as it would be down right cruel to move Ramirez to center.

Why cruel? Alexei's lucky he has a patient manager. Alexei should be very, very worried that he's struggling and the best Sox prospect in a decade is a SS.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 04:34 PM)
Why cruel? Alexei's lucky he has a patient manager. Alexei should be very, very worried that he's struggling and the best Sox prospect in a decade is a SS.

Half joking. The cruel part would be moving him to a new position while looking as lost as a player could look.

Nix not playing shows the mentality that Guillen has towards certain players. What that mentality is I do not know but Anderson, Betemit and Nix are in that camp for whatever reason. You would think the grindiness of Nix would have him playing somewhere. Nix has shown to be a very capable shortstop and have some ability to do what they need out of the number two slot. Yet after being shut down all weekend there is, the flailing wonder again.

I would like to see what Nix could do as there is some talent there. It is not the Andy Gonzalez situation of 2007.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
Not only that, but what kind of message is it sending to the team where Nix comes in, gives the team good at-bats and great fielding, and then gets benched for 3 straight games?

That you shouldn't do anything like what Brian Anderson does. That includes catching the ball.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 11, 2009 -> 10:54 PM)
Sox:

Getz 2b

Lillibridge cf

Quentin lf

Dye rf

Thome dh

Konerko 1b

Pierzynski c

Fields 3b

Ramirez ss

Floyd p

Tribe:

Sizemore cf

Cabrera 2b

Martinez c

Choo rf

DeRosa 3b

Peralta ss

Dellucci dh

Francisco lf

Shoppach c

Pavano p

It makes me sick to my stomach seeing Lillibridge in the lineup, he is terrible!