Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 5/11/09 6:05 CDT, WCIU

justBLAZE

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:53 PM)
What has Boston's hitting coach done to Big Papi?

He is alot like Thome Bat speed way down....I do not blame Walker for Thome's problems.

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:54 AM)
looking at the sox remaining schedule for may we could possibly be out of the race when may is over.

No. Our savinf gracxe is the AL Central is around .500 for the most part

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 11, 2009 -> 06:56 PM)
Getz needs to be fined every fly ball he hits.

Lillibridge and Getz need the Willie Mays Hayes treatment.

Every time you hit a ball in the air you owe me 20 pushups.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:57 AM)
Lillibridge and Getz need the Willie Mays Hayes treatment.

Every time you hit a ball in the air you owe me 20 pushups.

Getz reminds me so much of Sweeney at the plate (from 3 years ago), as he just doesn't seem strong enough to turn on an inside pitch and it results in so many lazy fly outs.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 11, 2009 -> 07:04 PM)
I believe it's time for another Paul Konerko led vote of confidence for Walker. One was already given, but we have to make pace with last season.

Konerko is hitting. He's allowed to say that.

For all the people hating on Walker, what players have left the Sox to then become amazing offensive stars?

Maggs and Lee both produced well here, but what guys just did so much better when they werent coached by Walker?

Did CQ suck last year?

Cause you have to give a coach credit for things if your going to blame him also.

Pods hit .240 with the Brewers in 2004 and .290 with the Sox in 2005. He hit less HR but we were happy with the results.

Dye's OPS with Oakland:

He hasn't been below .800 with the Sox.

AJ hit .301 in his years with the Twins, has hit .275 with us, and hit .272 before being cast off by the Giants.

Yes, it was Walker who forced Pods to bunt for hits, not Ozzie. He never had a season with the Sox that matched his rookie campaign. What did Walker tell him in 2006 and 2007?

As you have shown from the numbers, Dye has had success in a pitcher's park in Oakland, and it's silly to use his injury plagued 2003 season as evidence that he was lost as a hitter.

Why don't you talk about AJ's OPS?

His three lowest season totals have come when he's with the Sox, and with the exception of 2007, AJ has benefited from USCF.

Get back to me when Walker turns in a Mark DeRosa project.

What has Boston's hitting coach done to Big Papi?

Told him to hit the other way.

I don't want to be thrown in the "I hate Walker camp," but it's tough to compare hitting projects to pitching projects.

It's stupid to through out peak careers as evidence that Walker is a successful hitting coach. The biggest contributor to the Sox's offensive numbers is USCF.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 11, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
Yes, it was Walker who forced Pods to bunt for hits, not Ozzie. He never had a season with the Sox that matched his rookie campaign. What did Walker tell him in 2006 and 2007?

As you have shown from the numbers, Dye has had success in a pitcher's park in Oakland, and it's silly to use his injury plagued 2003 season as evidence that he was lost as a hitter.

Why don't you talk about AJ's OPS?

His three lowest season totals have come when he's with the Sox, and with the exception of 2007, AJ has benefited from USCF.

Get back to me when Walker turns in a Mark DeRosa project.

Clearly, Walker told Pods to get ridiculously hurt in 2006 and 2007 such that his body will never recover.

When Walker turns in a Mark DeRosa? God, you realize how specific you're going to require me to be there? I can't use Konerko because he started off here, even if he's had excellent seasons with Walker when healthy. I can't use Dye because he had good years before he came here, even if he's been better since he got here. I can't use anyone we actually bring in and develop, like Quentin or Ramirez, because they're not recovery people. I can't use Anderson if he keeps performing, because he started off with us. Brent Lillibridge could start hitting .350 tomorrow and I couldn't use that.

Basically, the only guy I can think of who would fit the billing would be if Walker had turned around Erstad or Betemit. I can't even think of other guys who would be candidates. And since Betemit is benched, Walker could be Jesus and he can't help there.

Clearly, Walker told Pods to get ridiculously hurt in 2006 and 2007 such that his body will never recover.

When Walker turns in a Mark DeRosa? God, you realize how specific you're going to require me to be there? I can't use Konerko because he started off here, even if he's had excellent seasons with Walker when healthy. I can't use Dye because he had good years before he came here, even if he's been better since he got here. I can't use anyone we actually bring in and develop, like Quentin or Ramirez, because they're not recovery people. I can't use Anderson if he keeps performing, because he started off with us. Brent Lillibridge could start hitting .350 tomorrow and I couldn't use that.

Basically, the only guy I can think of who would fit the billing would be if Walker had turned around Erstad or Betemit. I can't even think of other guys who would be candidates. And since Betemit is benched, Walker could be Jesus and he can't help there.

Exactly. It's so much harder to try and pull of examples of hitting coaches making "fixes" to players like pitching coaches do with adjusting mechanics.

Mark De"steroid"sa's offensive improvement starting in texas is also skeptical with all the Texas ties to PED's.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)

If you or Walker are Jesus, after raising Lazarus, Contreras and Floyd from the dead, please lay your hands on Betemit to make him a Gold Glove caliber defender at all three infield positions like Uribe...or just let Nix become the offensive powerhouse that CQ was last year but as a middle infielder.

CLE could very easily be just 1 game behind the White Sox after Wednesday. Scary!!!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 11, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
Mark De"steroid"sa's offensive improvement starting in texas is also skeptical with all the Texas ties to PED's.

Holy s***, I know the era was tainted, but are we going to do this to EVERYONE??? We're "proving" points through accusations, folks.

I want to hear Bill James' opinion of hitting coaches because he is my guru. I tend to blame the hitters more than the coach. Walker must have a decent reputation if he's still with the team.