P90X

StrangeSox

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 07:56 AM)
Anyone else who does Yoga X here find that their knee(s) go numb during some of the longer moves where you are standing on one leg, such as the triangle pose or Warrior 3 (and the rest of that sequence)?

The last few times through it I have felt my right knee numbing up, and it still sort of felt strange last night when I was doing Legs & Beck.

Not sure if I should continue with that routine or not...

Today is Day 69...only 3 weeks left!

No, but it can get pretty tough on my quads. I have also realized that I have no balance from this routine. Gotta work on that..

Im working weekends at the moment, so doing core syn for the first time tonight, pretty excited to try a new one!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 06:35 PM)
German Potato soup. If thats not a P90X soup I dont know what is.

About your previous post, yeah, I am putting on alot of shoulder and arm size, not so much definition. Maybe thats the design, I havent noticed it before. The weights are making my gains very noticable.

Rock,

I've been searching craigslist for some dumbbells for months now. Would you say there is a dramatic increase in results from bands to the dumbbells? I do like what the bands offer, but I think I would like some weights at the very least, for some of the exercises that the bands are not ideal for.

Found a pair of Powerblocks on craiglist for $200 that appear to be in pretty damn good condition. If I can get him to come down to $175, I think I will bite...

ugggggggggggggh

totally fell off the wagon the last week and a half. ton of s*** just got thrown at me at once. fortunately that s*** culminated with me getting fired from my job so... more time to work out! ...

i'm gonna get back on monday and hit it as hard as I can.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 11:42 AM)
ugggggggggggggh

totally fell off the wagon the last week and a half. ton of s*** just got thrown at me at once. fortunately that s*** culminated with me getting fired from my job so... more time to work out! ...

i'm gonna get back on monday and hit it as hard as I can.

I like your attitude.

Core Syn was much tougher than something I expected in a "recovery week." Gotta say though, I loved it. I was doing those complex lunge moves with 10's, and I'll be damned if those things don't get pretty darn heavy after almost 3 minutes.

Well, managed to finagle the guy down to $175 on the powerblocks. They are actually an older aluminum model that powerblock still sells for $479, basically because the production and labor process is more intensive. Anyways, they are still in good working order (it doesn't appear that you can really damage these weights unless you drop them repeatedly on cement or something), so I just need to disinfect and clean them and then they will be ready to go.

Really happy with my purchase.

Did arms and shoulders today. Should make volleyball pretty interesting tonight.

I didn't realize until today that I should have been doing the Ab Ripper on some of the days too <_ i have to get started on that after the legs and back wed.>

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)
Rock,

I've been searching craigslist for some dumbbells for months now. Would you say there is a dramatic increase in results from bands to the dumbbells? I do like what the bands offer, but I think I would like some weights at the very least, for some of the exercises that the bands are not ideal for.

Found a pair of Powerblocks on craiglist for $200 that appear to be in pretty damn good condition. If I can get him to come down to $175, I think I will bite...

Resistance exercises are 100% harder. Its not even close. You will love it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
What kind of weight are you currently lifting in the curling exercises for Back & Biceps, for instance?

I usually start at 30ish and end up at 20 depending on the exercise. IN the strip sets, I end up with 10lbs and cant lift my arms.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
I usually start at 30ish and end up at 20 depending on the exercise. IN the strip sets, I end up with 10lbs and cant lift my arms.

Just busted out Chest & Back for the first time with dumbbells. There were only a few exercises which utilized the weights in this routine, but it was nice to do them with weights instead of bands.

I must say though, I prepared myself well with the bands. I was able to do 12-15 reps of all exercises with 45 pound weights, so I don't feel too bad about myself for using the bands thus far.

Great workout though, although the dive bombers still whip my ass.

got my Chest and Back in, and ugh, I HATE coming back after missing a week or two - it's just brutal. Numbers were not great at all and had to use the chair for some pullups in round 2, but it was good to get back in gear. Plyo tomorrow.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 01:08 AM)
got my Chest and Back in, and ugh, I HATE coming back after missing a week or two - it's just brutal. Numbers were not great at all and had to use the chair for some pullups in round 2, but it was good to get back in gear. Plyo tomorrow.

I know...this is what bothers me about ever stopping....

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
Just busted out Chest & Back for the first time with dumbbells. There were only a few exercises which utilized the weights in this routine, but it was nice to do them with weights instead of bands.

I must say though, I prepared myself well with the bands. I was able to do 12-15 reps of all exercises with 45 pound weights, so I don't feel too bad about myself for using the bands thus far.

Great workout though, although the dive bombers still whip my ass.

The back and bi's and shoulders and arms are killer if you really work the weights.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 01:06 PM)
The back and bi's and shoulders and arms are killer if you really work the weights.

Yeah, I was thinking the B & B is going to be an entirely different workout for me from now on...although I think you may be underestimating what the bands can do a bit too...

Nonetheless, I am excited to find out tomorrow and next week.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
Yeah, I was thinking the B & B is going to be an entirely different workout for me from now on...although I think you may be underestimating what the bands can do a bit too...

Nonetheless, I am excited to find out tomorrow and next week.

I only have 3 bands and it seemed like I didnt have the full spectrum of what I needed. With the adjustable weights, its much easier to tailor the workout.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
I only have 3 bands and it seemed like I didnt have the full spectrum of what I needed. With the adjustable weights, its much easier to tailor the workout.

Oh yeah, I agree. I only have 3 as well (I had 4, but I broke one) - a 15 lb, a 30 lb, and a 35 lb. Being able to use the weights is a much better option, but the bands do have certain benefits that the weights do not.

I think ultimately the weights produce a better workout. I'm just saying this program still works awfully well with the bands as well.