GameThread: White Sox(24-25) vs Athletics(19-29) 7:11 CSN

Kyyle23

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:44 PM)
It's crazy how often I forget we're missing Quentin in this lineup. Last year down the stretch, we probably mentioned it every inning.

We have a lot of balance right now and everyone is doing their jobs. The stretch where Pods struggles, we'll struggle.

It's obvious Pods will be in center when Quentin comes back.

It's crazy how often I forget we're missing Quentin in this lineup. Last year down the stretch, we probably mentioned it every inning.

Hey, I hate to say "I told y'alls" but back when the Rockies released Pods (days after he lit us up in Spring Training) I said he looked damn good and we should give him a shot.

Just like in 2005, seriously, no green on purpose... Pods is what is making our offense work. I hope they can massage his groin and hamstrings enough, because when he's right, we're a good offense.

Good call here. Imagine this line-up in 7-10 days

Pods

Lexi

CQ

Dye

Thome

Kong

AJ

Beckham

Getz

Hopefully he comes back healthy and our lineup is that much better. Then you have a solid platoon of Pods vs. RHPs and Anderson vs. LHPs. And Wise can go bye-bye. I honestly think if CQ and Beckham are in the lineup over Anderson/Wise and Fields, that improves us 2-3 wins over the long haul. And the way this division is going to end up, a 2-3 wins is huge.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 02:45 AM)
We have a lot of balance right now and everyone is doing their jobs. The stretch where Pods struggles, we'll struggle.

It's obvious Pods will be in center when Quentin comes back.

As much as I love CQ, I don't really miss his first pitch outs though. BTW, Beckham was 3-4 with double tonight.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 10:46 PM)
Hopefully he comes back healthy and our lineup is that much better. Then you have a solid platoon of Pods vs. RHPs and Anderson vs. LHPs. And Wise can go bye-bye. I honestly think if CQ and Beckham are in the lineup over Anderson/Wise and Fields, that improves us 2-3 wins over the long haul. And the way this division is going to end up, a 2-3 wins is huge.

Anderson exclusively vs. LHP is a terrible idea... this year, .160 vs. LHP, but .318 vs. RHP. Sure, only 25 ABs vs. LHP, but last year when he started getting benched vs. RHP is when his batting average took a nosedive.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 02:48 AM)
It's really sick how good Beckham should be. I'm trying to temper expectations, but the f***er is hitting .467 in AAA. It's like he's playing high school ball.

90 percent contract rate in the minors this year. That's ungodly. I think most of the people who didn't want him up this season are beginning to see that he's just a special talent that is clearly better than what we have right now at 3b.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
It's really sick how good Beckham should be. I'm trying to temper expectations, but the f***er is hitting .467 in AAA. It's like he's playing high school ball.

He went 3/4 tonight, so that average is on the rise.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)

.467 is one of those well-rounded, limited at-bats numbers. he's doing great yes, but he'll simmer down some

he's a sick talent though

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 10:49 PM)
Liney seemed to handle Giambi.

You can say that again.

Giambi looks at good pitches and looked at two pitches that should have been strikes and then does an AJ.

Floyd should have had two shutouts in a row as he lost concentration in teh Angels agame and Ramirez needed to make the play in the 1st.

Not liking using Linebrink today.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
Anderson exclusively vs. LHP is a terrible idea... this year, .160 vs. LHP, but .318 vs. RHP. Sure, only 25 ABs vs. LHP, but last year when he started getting benched vs. RHP is when his batting average took a nosedive.

He was great vs. lefties last year, mainly in the power department. He is a solid 4th OF though because of his D.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:50 PM)
Giambi looks at good pitches and looked at two pitches that should have been strikes and then does an AJ.

Floyd should have had two shutouts in a row as he lost concentration in teh Angels agame and Ramirez needed to make the play in the 1st.

Not liking using Linebrink today.

Gavin needs to take some f***ing chill pills, he gets all bent out of shape when someone reaches base on him