GameThread: White Sox(24-25) vs Athletics(19-29) 7:11 CSN

Kyyle23

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 02:28 AM)
I sort of feel like the guys in Major League. "These guys might not be that bad...."

Isn't it crazy though? Two weeks ago, most on here would have been waiting for the Sox to lose this game. Today, even when it was 2-1, it seemed like we had a good chance of winning. Lets get another run and save Jenks.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
I'm giving s*** to the people on this board who want Thome to bunt with the shift on.

Oh... lol... yeah no. Thome should never bunt under any circumstances, besides, his fly balls are sprayed all over the field.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
Oh... lol... yeah no. Thome should never bunt under any circumstances, besides, his fly balls are sprayed all over the field.

As washed up as he is, Thome has the best HR rate in the AL since he became a White Sox.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 02:34 AM)
As washed up as he is, Thome has the best HR rate in the AL since he became a White Sox.

Bring him back next year, yes or no? I'd honestly rather have Dye back as our DH.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
It's amazing, as he easily has nearly all of our clutch homers late in the game since last September. With that said, I still stand by my statement that he wasn't clutch prior to the walkoff against Anaheim.

You are 100% correct. Sucks he is going to sit in the NL parks but hopefully it helps a little.

Last week I commented that this team had not come back against a bullpen since opening day. While yesterday was a comeback against a starter, the last three games are what they need to do.

I can't watch Dwayne Wise. He Jim Edmonds' that web gem.

AJ is so much better when he stays on the ball which he did not do when he homered or K'd on the chin high heat.

Fields needs a good AB or Beckham may get to play the next 10 home games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
Bring him back next year, yes or no? I'd honestly rather have Dye back as our DH.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both back 1-year deals. Allen, Flowers, Viciedo and anyone else are still a year away after this one, IMO.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)

I hear what you're saying...but I really like having this big Left Handed bat in the middle of our lineup. It's so much more balance.

Oh, and Big Jim will have a shot at 600 by the end of next year barring injury.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)

Make that decision in October. I wouldn't bring back Dye at $11 million. Whichever one wants to DH for $5 million or so is who I would keep. Eventually though I think the Sox need a DH who can play defense. It probably would allow them to keep an extra pitcher.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 10:34 PM)

I just have a hard time calling him "washed up" or taking anyone who says that he is seriously when his OPS is consistently at or over .900, sometimes approaching 1.000, and his OBP is at times over .400. If Ryan Howard was on the Sox I don't see anybody wanting to chase him out of town.