Wise - "Keep Booing Me"

Heads22

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people blowing up more about Wise's comments than Fields'?

Great question. I think it's cause Wise has been hated every since he first donned a Sox uniform. He was dubbed the devil from Day One. People had hope for Fields; some still do.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:54 PM)
Why are people blowing up more about Wise's comments than Fields'?

Because one of them has an OPS above .600 while the other has an OPS+ of -10 and is still starting. Yes, -10.

I don't like what Fields said either, and I certainly think he's having an awful season, but when you are doing as bad as Wise is this year, there is absolutely no excuse for defending your performance.

Wise really pisses me off. Just shut the hell up. Why do players this bad get to talk to the media? Damn it. This is typical Ozzie, if theres a s***ty player on the team he will play him until the bastard is run out of town.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 12:06 AM)
Because one of them has an OPS above .600 while the other has an OPS+ of -10 and is still starting. Yes, -10.

I don't like what Fields said either, and I certainly think he's having an awful season, but when you are doing as bad as Wise is this year, there is absolutely no excuse for defending your performance.

Well, we all know Wise didnt exactly earn a spot over Carlos Quentin. Only out of pure need is Wise playing. I mean, to me it's pointless to boo the 4th (5th?) outfielder who is only playing because of injury. Before the goal was "lets boo Wise so he's taken out of the leadoff spot."

Now what's the great goal? Will booing him heal up CQ somehow?

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 12:45 AM)
Well, we all know Wise didnt exactly earn a spot over Carlos Quentin. Only out of pure need is Wise playing. I mean, to me it's pointless to boo the 4th (5th?) outfielder who is only playing because of injury. Before the goal was "lets boo Wise so he's taken out of the leadoff spot."

Now what's the great goal? Will booing him heal up CQ somehow?

orrrrr maybe to play BA over him? Crazy thought, I know.

Why don't all you idiots that love obssessing over how bad Wise is get it through your thick skulls that it's not his fault he's playing CF for the White Sox...it's KW and Ozzie's fault.

If KW offered any of you scrubs half a million to go play 3rd base right now even though you guys suck to high heavens,how many of you would turn it down?Not many if any at all I bet...Wise is not very talented,we get that,but I don't boo White Sox players when they are trying their best,it's the organization's fault for not putting quality players out there.

One more thing,this whole team is crappy,stop pretending it's only Wise fault we stink up the joint. :gosoxretro:

BA is a dud,only thing he's got going for him is his glove because he looks lost at the plate.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:48 AM)
Why don't all you idiots that love obssessing over how bad Wise is get it through your thick skulls that it's not his fault he's playing CF for the White Sox...it's KW and Ozzie's fault.

If KW offered any of you scrubs half a million to go play 3rd base right now even though you guys suck to high heavens,how many of you would turn it down?Not many if any at all I bet...Wise is not very talented,we get that,but I don't boo White Sox players when they are trying their best,it's the organization's fault for not putting quality players out there.

One more thing,this whole team is crappy,stop pretending it's only Wise fault we stink up the joint. :gosoxretro:

BA is a dud,only thing he's got going for him is his glove because he looks lost at the plate.

Hey, why don't you call people more names when you disagree with them?

Oh, and this has been said several times in this thread already but watch the video, where he specifically addresses blaming KW and Ozzie. That's ok though I guess... we'll boo KW and Ozzie next time they have an at-bat or take the field. Oh, wait.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:48 AM)

If KW offered me money to play, you'd bet your ass I'd take it. However, I also wouldn't defend my performance when I went 6/40 to start the season with a .340 OPS.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:48 AM)

And Wise looks like he knows what he's doing at the plate?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 01:06 AM)
orrrrr maybe to play BA over him? Crazy thought, I know.

So you're booing one player so that they'll put in another that is hitting .234?

To me, booing is a serious enough thing where you do it for a total travesty. This does not qualify. BA has defense but other than that Ozzie wants to get a LH bat on track if he can.

Yesterday he didnt even start and people insulted him after he failed to score from first (on a questionable call at that)

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 10:03 AM)
So you're booing one player so that they'll put in another that is hitting .234?

To me, booing is a serious enough thing where you do it for a total travesty. This does not qualify. BA has defense but other than that Ozzie wants to get a LH bat on track if he can.

Yesterday he didnt even start and people insulted him after he failed to score from first (on a questionable call at that)

What over the course of his career has pointed to the fact that he will get "on track"? A handful of decent plate appearances last year?

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 10:05 AM)
What over the course of his career has pointed to the fact that he will get "on track"? A handful of decent plate appearances last year?

That is probably true but then we have to boo every time there is a position battle between two negative VORP guys?

Also, there's so much anger here when frankly he had some hits here last year that have some historic value. It's not a reason for him to be given a starting role, but it is a reason to keep from booing him.

Above all this, where's the conspiracy? Wise has 43 PAs this year, Anderson 126? Wise has 43 even with a full-time guy injured. Even in the interim they're trying the awful Jayson Nix in OF. If they loved Wise they wouldnt even experiment with that.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 10:20 AM)
Above all this, where's the conspiracy? Wise has 43 PAs this year, Anderson 126? Wise has 43 even with a full-time guy injured. Even in the interim they're trying the awful Jayson Nix in OF. If they loved Wise they wouldnt even experiment with that.

If Wise hadn't separated his shoulder, both of their PA numbers would look much different.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 10:39 AM)
If Wise hadn't separated his shoulder, both of their PA numbers would look much different.

Anderson also had a long stretch of injury.

Since May 29, Wise has had 20 PAs. Since May 19, Anderson has had 65. Plus factor in a recent short Brian illness.

Again, we can argue the disparity should be greater...but I dont think that disparity is so small that we need to boo a struggling member of the home team. To me that accomplishes nothing.

People say we discuss these two guys (and booing) too much. On one hand yes, but it's also part of a larger point. I would like to respect more of the people in the stands for the team I root for. And fans can positively or negatively impact players. It's not like football, but they have some effect.

Edited by Princess Dye