Mill-e-wah-que Road Trip Thread

RibbieRubarb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Brewers are my 2nd favorite team and I've been to about 40 games at Miller Park and tailgating is a blast up there and I really like their ballpark. Unfortunately I don't think the weather's going to hold up for tailgating though. Supposed to rain tomorrow night and storm on Saturday and Sunday. The good news is they have a roof.

QUOTE (sweatpants @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
The Brewers are my 2nd favorite team and I've been to about 40 games at Miller Park and tailgating is a blast up there and I really like their ballpark. Unfortunately I don't think the weather's going to hold up for tailgating though. Supposed to rain tomorrow night and storm on Saturday and Sunday. The good news is they have a roof.

Where do you see this? 20% chance of rain tonight, scattered showers 40% chance of rain on Saturday, 72 and clear on Sunday.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 09:25 AM)
Where do you see this? 20% chance of rain tonight, scattered showers 40% chance of rain on Saturday, 72 and clear on Sunday.

The Weather Channel. On Thursday afternoon it had 40% chance of storms on Sunday so that obviously changed. It still says Tonight: Overcast with showers at times. Low around 55F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%. Tomorrow: Rain showers early with isolated thunderstorms developing later in the day. High 67F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. I live in a Milwaukee burb and it's really nice out right now.

I still can't find for the life of me the last time these two teams met up during the regular season. This is the White Sox first trip to Miller Park no? First inter-league series these two teams ever had? Damn, MLB really screwed this up as these two teams should be playing one another close to every single year.

QUOTE (sweatpants @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 10:22 AM)
The Weather Channel. On Thursday afternoon it had 40% chance of storms on Sunday so that obviously changed. It still says Tonight: Overcast with showers at times. Low around 55F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%. Tomorrow: Rain showers early with isolated thunderstorms developing later in the day. High 67F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. I live in a Milwaukee burb and it's really nice out right now.

Thanks Sweat...now let's go live with Jock Strap and the traffic...Jock?

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 11:24 AM)
I still can't find for the life of me the last time these two teams met up during the regular season. This is the White Sox first trip to Miller Park no? First inter-league series these two teams ever had? Damn, MLB really screwed this up as these two teams should be playing one another close to every single year.

2001 I believe, which was Miller's first year.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 11:39 AM)
Anyone know of the good bars to head to Saturday night? I know riverwalk is the place to be, but what bars in particular. So many bars, so little time.

Depends on how old you are. Bars on Water St. cater to a lot more college aged kids. McGillycuddy's, Brother's, Duke's are pretty popular and usually pretty crowded. With Marquette and UW-Milwaukee done with school it might be a little less packed. If you're a little older you might wanna head to Brady St. It has a quite a few good bars-Wolski's, Nomad's, and Hi-Hat come to mind. Most bars on Brady are usually less loud, less crowded, and more tame. Or you could drive another hour west and go out in Madison. I highly recommend going up there at least once in your lifetime.

QUOTE (sweatpants @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
Depends on how old you are. Bars on Water St. cater to a lot more college aged kids. McGillycuddy's, Brother's, Duke's are pretty popular and usually pretty crowded. With Marquette and UW-Milwaukee done with school it might be a little less packed. If you're a little older you might wanna head to Brady St. It has a quite a few good bars-Wolski's, Nomad's, and Hi-Hat come to mind. Most bars on Brady are usually less loud, less crowded, and more tame. Or you could drive another hour west and go out in Madison. I highly recommend going up there at least once in your lifetime.

Thanks for the insight. We have a pretty large group (35) of people in their mid-twenties. Looking forward to heading up to the Good Land!

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 09:31 AM)
I just did a quick search of the internets, and this phrase has never before been uttered.

Is it possible to ensure that it is never uttered again?

Was there again today. Fun enviornment. Brewer fans are friendly and great. Talked to a couple season ticket holders and they said they love playing us cuz there are never any problems and is a fun enviornment and when Cub fans go up there, they are rude and starting fights.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
My buddy will be wearing a chicken costume with a Quentin jersey on. Not sure which game. If you see him, come on by and share a beer with us.

Somebody made him an avatar already:

av-6956.jpg

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
I'm loving the "Let's Go White Sox" chants. Great to see our fans travel to Wrigle- US Cellular North.

I hate when Cubs fans do that. It's Miller Park. Let's not lower ourselves to their arrogance.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
I hate when Cubs fans do that. It's Miller Park. Let's not lower ourselves to their arrogance.

You just want to distance yourself as far as possible from anything that a Cub fan would do,dont you? Why put so much energy into anything Cubdumb?

I think it was great that they were chanting that, I didnt find it to be disrespectful at all. It was all in good fun.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 10:01 AM)
You just want to distance yourself as far as possible from anything that a Cub fan would do,dont you? Why put so much energy into anything Cubdumb?

I think it was great that they were chanting that, I didnt find it to be disrespectful at all. It was all in good fun.

I didn't have a problem with the chants.

I think calling Miller Park, US Cellular North, is disrespectful to the Brewers organization. I would hate if any fan base did that to their opponents park.

Sorry, I'm not the type of fan that goes to other teams parks and acts like that. I'd like to distance myself from any fanbase that does that.

I don't put any energy into Cubdumb. I was just using them as an example.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 11:35 AM)

I think calling Miller Park, US Cellular North, is disrespectful to the Brewers organization. I would hate if any fan base did that to their opponents park.

Sorry, I'm not the type of fan that goes to other teams parks and acts like that. I'd like to distance myself from any fanbase that does that.

I don't put any energy into Cubdumb. I was just using them as an example.

It was actually meant as a bit of a jab at the Cubs. My bad. I just find it annoying that they're so proud of their "domination" at Miller Park. IF anything, we've proven that our fans can travel just as well as the Cubs fan do.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 11:49 AM)
It was actually meant as a bit of a jab at the Cubs. My bad. I just find it annoying that they're so proud of their "domination" at Miller Park. IF anything, we've proven that our fans can travel just as well as the Cubs fan do.

:headbang

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 08:35 AM)

I feel the same way. I hate hearing Cub fans refer to Miller Park as "Wrigley North." It's so obnoxious.

I feel the same way about all of the Red Sox Nation stuff. Too many fans are fans of the fans of teams, rather than of the teams they profess to follow. Sadly, the media have bought into this crap and there's no escaping it now. Now we have the Red Sox Nation and the notion that Cub fans have always filled up the park and loyally followed their beloved Cubbies.