Healthcare reform

kapkomet

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
No, it really isn't but keep pushing those talking points.

Yawn. I don't even go anywhere that actually pushes talking points. Thanks for dumbing this down though.

HOLY s*** THIS IS THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO THIS NATION! THE REPUBLIC IS DEAD! FASCISM HERE WE COME!

That's better, no?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
Yawn. I don't even go anywhere that actually pushes talking points. Thanks for dumbing this down though.

HOLY s*** THIS IS THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO THIS NATION! THE REPUBLIC IS DEAD! FASCISM HERE WE COME!

That's better, no?

Clearly, I've been doing that.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
Well, I now have health insurance until 26. No need to get a job then...i'll just collect unemployment and live like a king. Welcome to my utopia

You need a job for a while before getting unemployment.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
216 Done.

Let's hope this works as well as many believe it will.

This has about as much chance of working for America as Dewayne Wise in Center did for the White Sox. It's good to see that the wishes of the plurality of the American people are ignored in favor of a slavish partisan desire to inact change.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I have any idea what the events of this evening mean. I honestly don't even know if the experts fully know what will happen in the future as a result of tonight if they are being honest. I will just say I hope this thing works, because we really can't afford for it not to.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Well, I now have health insurance until 26. No need to get a job then...i'll just collect unemployment and live like a king. Welcome to my utopia

dude, i think you have to get a job first, then get fired, THEN get unemployment.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 10:05 PM)
When this is signed into law I'm putting in an application for a federal job so I can become a government bureaucrat that sits on a death panel. I want to kill old people just because they're old.

i thought you already worked for the government? just get a transfer.

maybe the work parking pass/sticker would have a skull and crossbones on it. everyone would know you were on the death panel and give you gifts.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 11:57 PM)
i thought you already worked for the government? just get a transfer.

maybe the work parking pass/sticker would have a skull and crossbones on it. everyone would know you were on the death panel and give you gifts.

I'm a contractor actually, if I wanted to be hired by the government to do my same job I'd still have to put in an application

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
This has about as much chance of working for America as Dewayne Wise in Center did for the White Sox. It's good to see that the wishes of the plurality of the American people are ignored in favor of a slavish partisan desire to inact change.

This is not a pure democracy, and based on the seasonality of polls, I am not sure I want my elected officials bouncing around on issues based on what polls say. Also, although many people polled said they were against this specific bill, the number of reasons for opposition were broad. In fact, from a general standpoint, many polls regarding healthcare overall show the population favors reform. The problem for many was that this bill either did too much or did not go far enough.

The fact is, not many people like to compromise. Most prefer to get their way, so it makes sense that many on both sides are unhappy with the final bill. To me that is good indication that this bill is exactly what is needed as it shows both sides had to compromise to make it happen.

My father used to say that the worst compromise is still preferable to the best judgement. As much as I fear that the politicians' interests are driven by their donors and lobbyists rather than their constituents, I think many of the congressional leaders understood that there had to be compromises to make any type of progress.

Edited by Pants Rowland

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 06:21 PM)
It must've been to save face at that point because he was getting increasingly irrelevant.

The EO is unenforceable. Stupak is more dense than I thought. BO rolled you, fool. Well played Mr. President.

Hey off the subject here, I believe you said you involved in the census, right. Quick question. Have you or has anyone else here been called for a telephone interview that basically repeats what the 26 page form entails. Just wondering.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 05:09 AM)
Hey off the subject here, I believe you said you involved in the census, right. Quick question. Have you or has anyone else here been called for a telephone interview that basically repeats what the 26 page form entails. Just wondering.

No, but I don't have a phone.

Our form was literally just # in household, age, sex, race.