Healthcare reform

kapkomet

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
Seriously they are. And they try to blame the Republicans for blowing it when they have a supermajority.

They need 60 votes all to vote to end cloture, and when you have a senator in your party claiming you need 65 votes, then, no, you can't count those senators. When you have senators in your party from arkansas, no you can't count those senators. They are bought and paid.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A bunch of right-center Democrats were elected last round. That's why I laughed when people were ranting about "ZOMG! Obama and Pelosi are going to shove ultra-lib down our throats!" It was never going to happen because of two reasons: the Democrats are huge p*****s and many Democrats are not liberals.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 05:13 PM)
A bunch of right-center Democrats were elected last round. That's why I laughed when people were ranting about "ZOMG! Obama and Pelosi are going to shove ultra-lib down our throats!" It was never going to happen because of two reasons: the Democrats are huge p*****s and many Democrats are not liberals.

It's funny cuz I remember us all having a conversation on here about 6, 8 months ago about how there were no sub-groups within the 2 parties anymore. I guess we were wrong, they're alive and well. The problem isn't that the parties have too much influence, it's that the lobbyists openly run Washington and write the legislation that comes out on terms favorable to them. Last week a GOP senator asked for a delay on the vote for 72 hours so the insurance lobbyists could read it. lol. Well he didn't say "lobbyists" but that is basically who he was talking about. He should have said "proofread" or "figure out whether the profits we're giving them are acceptable."

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
Don't give money to the DNC, give money to any primary challenger for these folks.

In many of these places though they're from purple areas, where it's unlikely a dyed-in-the-wool progressive type gets elected. That's the double-edged sword.

You all can't stand the fact that the town halls, etc. and the MAJORITY OF AMERICANS DO NOT WANT THIS s***. You can take your little polls and twisted language to solicit a response you want to hear, but (again) the majority, an overwhelming one at that, do not want state-run health care (and you all know damn well that's where it was going).

You can sugar coat this any way you want about lobbyists, money, bribes, etc. but the Dems know that if they do (and there's still a {pretty good} chance it does in some form, just different language then "public option") shove this down our throat they're out of power again. The PEOPLE spoke on this one, and it's about damn time.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 06:11 PM)
You all can't stand the fact that the town halls, etc. and the MAJORITY OF AMERICANS DO NOT WANT THIS s***. You can take your little polls and twisted language to solicit a response you want to hear, but (again) the majority, an overwhelming one at that, do not want state-run health care (and you all know damn well that's where it was going).

You can sugar coat this any way you want about lobbyists, money, bribes, etc. but the Dems know that if they do (and there's still a {pretty good} chance it does in some form, just different language then "public option") shove this down our throat they're out of power again. The PEOPLE spoke on this one, and it's about damn time.

LOL

"I refuse to believe any polling data but my gut tells me that Americans don't want this".

"The people spoke on this one". Yeah, if only there had been some sort of official poll done, perhaps using paper or electronic ballots, where one person had pushed a national health care system and the other had pushed a system of expanded tax credits for health care costs. If only that had happened 11 months or so ago, we might have had some idea...if only.

You won't except polling results, you won't accept election results, you won't accept that any of the town hall riots had official organization, you won't accept that there were dozens fo town halls that didn't get covered because no riots happened...

Really...your rant here is quite impressive.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)
LOL

"I refuse to believe any polling data but my gut tells me that Americans don't want this".

"The people spoke on this one". Yeah, if only there had been some sort of official poll done, perhaps using paper or electronic ballots, where one person had pushed a national health care system and the other had pushed a system of expanded tax credits for health care costs. If only that had happened 11 months or so ago, we might have had some idea...if only.

You won't except polling results, you won't accept election results, you won't accept that any of the town hall riots had official organization, you won't accept that there were dozens fo town halls that didn't get covered because no riots happened...

Really...your rant here is quite impressive.

I get it. Anything that opposes your great viewpoints with data up the ass is "wrong". Data is manipulated all the time - the black and white of do you want the government to run your health care or have private companies run it is pretty basic - but that question doesn't get asked. It's a bunch of pretty, veiled BS to make it look like everyone wants government health care. THEY DO NOT. They DO want reforms, but not the government run it.

Oh, and the town halls were ORGANIZED. Right. I'm sick and damn tired of it. They were organized all right. SEIU, NEA, etc. And they couldn't even stop the fact that there were a hell of a lot of ordinary people that were voicing the fact that they were pissed off. Man, that could NEVER happen in America. NEVER. They were ORGANIZED. Glenn Beck did it. rolly.gif

There was no MAJORITY of anything because that makes it sound like people's opinions are black and white. There's black, there's white, there's many shades of gray, there's a couple of purples and blues in there too. Then there are people that just don't know what they're talking about.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 01:11 AM)

I don't think I can make a bahaha string long enough to describe how long I laughed at this.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 01:41 AM)
I get it. Anything that opposes your great viewpoints with data up the ass is "wrong". Data is manipulated all the time - the black and white of do you want the government to run your health care or have private companies run it is pretty basic - but that question doesn't get asked. It's a bunch of pretty, veiled BS to make it look like everyone wants government health care. THEY DO NOT. They DO want reforms, but not the government run it.

Oh, and the town halls were ORGANIZED. Right. I'm sick and damn tired of it. They were organized all right. SEIU, NEA, etc. And they couldn't even stop the fact that there were a hell of a lot of ordinary people that were voicing the fact that they were pissed off. Man, that could NEVER happen in America. NEVER. They were ORGANIZED. Glenn Beck did it. rolly.gif

sorry bahahahaha this one was even better.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 05:15 PM)
Step one is to repeal that. You'll see a much better result from that, than anything the government has proposed.

Harry Reid has said he'd like to, but that would be vastly more "Politically controversial" than anything else the Dems have proposed. In other words...lots more lobbying dollars.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
Harry Reid has said he'd like to, but that would be vastly more "Politically controversial" than anything else the Dems have proposed.

Reid is a little b**** then. Both sides are so in the pockets of health care. That is what that means.

Yea, but there's a hell of a lot of actual ground people (i.e. they know they aren't getting re-elected aka, VOTES) if the government crap happened. They were getting their backsides singed and they'd rather stay then get booted out of office.

Now, with that said, I'm not naive enough to understand that lobby money didn't play a part in this, but again - libs simply can't admit to themselves that the majority of people do not want government being the solution here. And for the billionth time, and as I've (and others) even proposed in this thread, no one is saying do not reform things. But the public takeover, the majority of the people don't want it. I don't get why that's so unclear.

What do you mean? They absolutely are. They just can't get the votes to do it because they're a pretty undisciplined coalition and there is a segment of their party that got bought off by the lobbyists.

edit: "they" means the president, the party leadership, and the liberal base.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 10:07 PM)
What do you mean? They absolutely are. They just can't get the votes to do it because they're a pretty undisciplined coalition and there is a segment of their party that got bought off by the lobbyists.

edit: "they" means the president, the party leadership, and the liberal base.

It just can't be that the "blue dogs" realize they are GONE as a result of the PEOPLE speaking up, can it? It has to be 100% about the lobbyists and cronisim and how they're a bunch of p*****s now because they're not going far enough.

It cracks me up that when people actually rise up about an issue that's against liberal idealism, it's everything in the world as to why except that people tend to be right of center and don't want their government messing with their lives more then they already are. Why, that CANNOT happen, can it?