Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 12:18 PM)
big game today !

Oh, yes! The privilege to get swept by the Cavs is on the line! They're few things more meaningless in sports than making the playoffs as a 7th/8th seed in the NBA. And the local stations and papers out here actually have the audacity to be hyping this game up. This isn't exactly game 6 of the 1998 NBA finals.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
Oh, yes! The privilege to get swept by the Cavs is on the line! They're few things more meaningless in sports than making the playoffs as a 7th/8th seed in the NBA. And the local stations and papers out here actually have the audacity to be hyping this game up. This isn't exactly game 6 of the 1998 NBA finals.

Agreed. I'd much rather this team lose instead of winning & getting swept by the LeBrons in the 1st round.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
Agreed. I'd much rather this team lose instead of winning & getting swept by the LeBrons in the 1st round.

Why? The Bucks can swap picks with the Bulls anyways so why not win as much as possible and maybe hope for a win or 2 in the playoffs.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 01:40 PM)
Why? The Bucks can swap picks with the Bulls anyways so why not win as much as possible and maybe hope for a win or 2 in the playoffs.

And what does a win or two actually accomplish in the long run? Absolutely nothing. I won't go as far as to say I want them to lose. But either way, this season has no relevance.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
And what does a win or two actually accomplish in the long run? Absolutely nothing. I won't go as far as to say I want them to lose. But either way, this season has no relevance.

Every single game you can expose the young core to the feeling of playoff basketball, the better. I would rather see Rose learning how to win against guys like LeBron and company than staying at home and hoping the Bulls sign a free agent. Even four games is something.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
Every single game you can expose the young core to the feeling of playoff basketball, the better. I would rather see Rose learning how to win against guys like LeBron and company than staying at home and hoping the Bulls sign a free agent. Even four games is something.

And maybe they win a game or two, put the fear of God into the Cavs like the Bulls did to the 'Stons a few years ago, and look like an even better FA destination.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)

We heard the exact same thing with the BG/Hinrich/Deng/Chandler teams. How simply making the playoffs would be beneficial in the long run. We saw how that worked out. And no FA is going to be duped into signing here if we're able to steal a game or two (seriously doubtful) against the Cavs.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
And maybe they win a game or two, put the fear of God into the Cavs like the Bulls did to the 'Stons a few years ago, and look like an even better FA destination.

The fear of god? We were down 3-0, the Pistons got bored, lost a couple games, and waxed us at home in game 6. And we didn't make the playoffs the next year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
Losing is never better than winning in this situation. Being the last lottery team isn't going to pay any benefits. Getting them in at least does something, even if it is only four games.

Plus it hurts Milwaukee's draft position a bit.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
Losing is never better than winning in this situation. Being the last lottery team isn't going to pay any benefits. Getting them in at least does something, even if it is only four games.

I agree. I'm not saying I want us to lose. Go ahead and make the playoffs. But either way, not a thing changes as far as where we are as a franchise. Unless we get a premier FA, we're exactly where we were at the start of the season. In no-man's land.

Good first half for the Bulls, but Toronto has been a House of Horrors for them, so hopefully they keep it up in the next half.

Edit: Turgoklu complained way to long for that foul

And Bargnani had a monster block on rose, but it worked out in the end.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 06:56 PM)
Looks like the Bulls will need to win out, control their destiny. The Raptors have Detroit and New York left to play while we have two playoff teams...

The way the Bulls have been most of the year, its probably better they have playoff teams. If it was two matchups vs. the Nets, they would blow it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)
Looks like the Bulls will need to win out, control their destiny. The Raptors have Detroit and New York left to play while we have two playoff teams...

yeah im hoping boston and charlotte rests their players the final two games

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
The way the Bulls have been most of the year, its probably better they have playoff teams. If it was two matchups vs. the Nets, they would blow it.

Plus, the Celtics and Bobcats are both beatable, while Toronto has no Bosh.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)

No joke. Out of curiousity, who would win if it ended in a tie between Toronto and Chicago?