knightni

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Beckham 16 for his last 57=.281

Really good, considering they brought him up 2-3 months too early. I think after that kid had the GW RBI against the Cubs...he must really feel he belongs in the big leagues and is now an important part of this 09 team from here on out.

Gordon already has almost the same OPS as Chris Getz, trailing 631 to 633 after that horrific start.

We have the #2 starting pitching in the AL, #4 bullpen. It seems maybe the move here is to move Beckham to 2B and go out and trade for a veteran 3B whose contract is ending after the 2009 season (or has a 2010 club option/buyout). Tyler Wigginton type of player, veteran...not prohibitively expensive to acquire.

Just don't see how our offense can compete without CQ, along with Getz/Fields AND Anderson/Wise in the line-up on a day-to-day basis.

Edited by caulfield12

That's the problem with Getz...not playing.

With our 2006 offense, no problem with him as the #9 hitter AT ALL.

He does a lot of things well...but not one aspect of his game is "plus/plus" or a huge asset. All things considered, would still rather have Getz playing close to everyday than Josh Fields.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 07:21 PM)
That's the problem with Getz...not playing.

With our 2006 offense, no problem with him as the #9 hitter AT ALL.

He does a lot of things well...but not one aspect of his game is "plus/plus" or a huge asset. All things considered, would still rather have Getz playing close to everyday than Josh Fields.

i think when q comes back getz and nix will platoon in the 9 spot on this roster and that combo will definately not be a negative for the team due to their defense

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
i think if q comes back getz and nix will platoon in the 9 spot on this roster and that combo will definately not be a negative for the team due to their defense

fixed for you.

I really don't get the man-love for the 2009 version of CQ, like he's gonna save this offense. '09 CQ fits right in with the 0'9 Sox offense. Extremely average to borderline mediocre....

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 07:38 PM)
I really don't get the man-love for the 2009 version of CQ, like he's gonna save this offense. '09 CQ fits right in with the 0'9 Sox offense. Extremely average to borderline mediocre....

blasphemy

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)

BURN HIM... AT THE STAKE!