6/29 Game Thread Sox @ Cleveland

knightni

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 06:43 PM)
Was that Pods strikeout pitch as far outside as Gametracker made it look?

it was outside, close but def outside

he was running up on it, i wonder if that can throw off the umps at all cuz it looked like the one he called a ball before was a strike

Edited by joejoedairy

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
a lot of the best ones started in the minors thanks to the arb clock, beckham hanson price and wieters will probably be the cream of this years crop

Rasmus has been solid for the Cardinals. But with LaRussa as his manager, he sits way too much.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 07:02 PM)
Hopefully Alexei stays with the low laserbeam throws to first. just like that one.

Guillen I dont get b/c he embarasses him publicly but then indicates there's no chance of him being moved away from SS. Or at least for sure not to CF. I dont get it.

i think he just wants him to pay attention on the easy plays cuz he can make some incredible plays that most other ss's cant

This season will get really interesting if we can go 7-2 or 6-3 in our next 9 games against CLE and KC.

I never thought we'd be within 1 out on Inge of getting back to within four games of first place after that terrible 4-8 homestand.

It does put KW in a very interesting situation....but, as many have noted, the return on players like Contreras, Colon and Dotel might be so negligible that it would be pointless to trade them. And trading Dye without Quentin coming back and the DET lead within hailing distance seems equally White Flag-ish.

That team was better, and the lead was 3 1/2, but the 09 Tigers are far removed from the late 90's Indians' offensive juggernauts.