Your First Posts

NorthSideSox72

SHIPPS was in a desperate search to find his first post on SoxTalk. Turns out he was letting us know the % of dust that is human skin.

Found mine - and I opened my SoxTalk career by starting a new thread. Apparently, I really liked smilies back then:

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
OK, that's it. This is the time to make my first post on this site. I've seen enough.

Would people please get past the panic thing here? In case no one noticed, this supposedly collapsing ballcub is 8-5 in September. We're also 32 games over .500 I believe. We have a 5 game lead on first place with 2 weeks to play. We play teams we dominate during that period. Why are we in panic mode?

Yeah, the defense has been untimely lately. And Garland and Buerhle have had off games. But does anyone actually think we were grand imposters of picthing and defense for 130 games, only to show our true colors now? Give me a break. :chair

One other thing. In case no one noticed, the slipping lead is mostly due to Cleveland's stellar play, not our downfall. That team was well under .500 for a while, and hovering around it until fairly recently. Cleveland will not keep playing .800 ball. They are good, but not that good.

So yeah, we should be ready to battle. :fight We should know we'll have to play near the top of our game in the post-season. :bang But who thinks that this team and this manager won't do that?

We'll battle. And I think we'll show some people what we can do.

:finger

;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My actual first post on what would become SoxTalk doesn't exist anymore. I think the few people that date back to the SoxNet days lost all of their earliest history with the first Soxtalk migration.

I do remember that my first post on the mlb Sox board was quite similar to NSS's first post here, telling people not to panic during an extended team slump. Of course that was in 2001 and we did suck a$$ right out of the gate that year, so, that shows what I know.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 09:31 AM)
My actual first post on what would become SoxTalk doesn't exist anymore. I think the few people that date back to the SoxNet days lost all of their earliest history with the first Soxtalk migration.

I do remember that my first post on the mlb Sox board was quite similar to NSS's first post here, telling people not to panic during an extended team slump. Of course that was in 2001 and we did suck a$$ right out of the gate that year, so, that shows what I know.

ah the soxnet days....I used to spam it telling people to listen to my internet radio show.lol...I really did.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 09:31 AM)

I'm sure mine was something along the lines of "TEST."

My first non-poll post, after The All-City Team was posted in 2005.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
Wow, that guy is nuts to say Patterson is better than Rowand right now. The only thing Patterson is better at currently is hitting homeruns. He has fewer RBIs, lower batting average, and a thousand more strikeouts. Nice work, tribune. :lolhitting
Edited by Steve9347

Found my first post:

NNNgggghhh.....me not like new "fire" thing. Me try pick it up, it hurt!!!

Me think Rowand = winning, them better not trade him!

Me need go now - drag woman back to cave, then find wheel me lost somewhere near dinosaur park!

Wrigley suck.

:lolhitting

Even then, I loved that lol-hitting smiley.

In a Sox-Cubs comparison thread:

I don't know how anyone here can take Sosa over Maggs, yes we all know sosa will hit more homeruns, because maggs doesnt take steroids, but Maggs always has a better average, less strikeouts, better defense, better baserunning, and this year he had more rbi's which i think is from now on going to be a trend. DEFINETLY MAGGS OVER SOSA!!!!!!

Heh

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2003 -> 11:44 AM)
I just got reading your latest write up, and a line jumped out at me about Kelly Wunsch being the one who actually organized the almost boycott of drug tests. Where did you hear this from? I haven't seen anything about who was the point man on this, let alone anyone else who was involved. If you have any more info I would love to see it.

Thanks

SS2k3

Mine was in response to an article from Soxnet.

I remember 1st posting in a minor league thread, but when I searched the FutureSox forum last night (after seeing Shipps' post in the Catch-All thread) to find my 1st post, it only went back to '04. But, I just realized we didn't have the FutureSox forum yet when I joined, so I searched Palehose and sure enough, found my 1st post...

Yea, LaMura pitched for Clemson last year.

^^ In response to a question about BJ LaMura, former minor league pitcher. Not terribly fascinating.

It's interesting to look how post style changes over time, though, as I just looked through a bunch of old postings of mine from 5-6 years ago.

Edited by dasox24

For everyone that wants to find their first post this is a decent way of finding it.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 03:33 AM)
I don't know if that is it or not?

But here's how you can do it shipps. Go to one of the forums and on the bottom right corner and where it says "Topics: All" change it to "Topics: I replied" then change "From: 30 days" to "Show All." Go to the last page in that forum and your first post should be in one of the topics though your going to have to play around to find what forum its in Palehose, SLaM etc..

I'd look for a Welcome to soxtalk response or something, but I don't think there is any way to know for certain its the first post.

Thanks, Shipps. This seems to be my first post:

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 3, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-AnthraxFan93+May 3, 2005 -> 10:53 PM-->
QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 3, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
<!--QuoteEBegin-->The only one I care about is the W/L record.

We're doing pretty well in that respect, too.

To which, Rowand replied:

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 3, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Milkman delivers+May 3, 2005 -> 10:03 PM-->
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 3, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
<!--QuoteEBegin-->We're doing pretty well in that respect, too.

Your handle rocks :headbang :headbang

The next time I posted in another thread, it was this:

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 3, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-sox-r-us+May 3, 2005 -> 11:28 PM-->
QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 3, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
<!--QuoteEBegin-->What would have happened to this forum if Shingo had blown this one run lead today and we had lost the game?

Ozzie showed lots of balls to put Shingo in there, trying to instill some confidence in his closer from last year.

But what if it had backfired.....I bet this forum would have "asploded" :P

Maybe we better start accepting the idea that Ozzie may know more about baseball than all of us? :huh :huh

Apparently I started off very positive.

Edited by Milkman delivers