7/19 Sox vs O's 1:05pm CSN

knightni

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)
Poreda has to get in the rotation. We'd see Carassco in the 2nd inning.

The sooner people realize he's basically Neal Cotts V2.0, and not Matt Thorton V2.0, the quicker they'll pray he's dealt while he still has some value.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 03:36 PM)
Well maybe if Ozzie didn't bash him earlier, the kid would have more confidence in himself. That's what pisses me off about Ozzie, he criticizes his own players to the media way too much. There is no need for that type of stuff.

Sometimes you just have to, you know...perform. We baby these guy's egos WAY too much.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
Well maybe if Ozzie didn't bash him earlier, the kid would have more confidence in himself. That's what pisses me off about Ozzie, he criticizes his own players to the media way too much. There is no need for that type of stuff.

It pissed me off to see him pat himself on the back yesterday for Beckham's success.

Wow, I don't know what people still see in Poreda over Porcello. The guy is pretty awful. I understand if you're nervous or you have great stuff but bad control. This guy cannot find the strike zone. He's alot closer to throwing a wild pitch than a strike, each time he throws. And that last at bat, he almost did. If we lose 4-3, you could blame Poreda for this loss. Contreras didn't have it today, but he battled. Poreda looked like he was playing for the other team.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
Wow, I don't know what people still see in Poreda over Porcello. The guy is pretty awful. I understand if you're nervous or you have great stuff but bad control. This guy cannot find the strike zone. He's alot closer to throwing a wild pitch than a strike, each time he throws. And that last at bat, he almost did. If we lose 4-3, you could blame Poreda for this loss. Contreras didn't have it today, but he battled. Poreda looked like he was playing for the other team.

no one saw anything in Poreda over Porcello

Poreda has some tinkering to do. You could tell his confidence is pretty low and his mechanics are a bit off. Some time in triple-a should do wonders. I'm not giving up on the guy yet. And I still believe he has really good trade value.

Halladay season anyone?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 02:41 PM)
Getz, you are so foolish! That's a terrible play by a terrible defender. That was the worst inning of the season.

THAT is probably the run we'll lose by.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 08:42 PM)
Carrasco is so bad too. Give me Nunez and Link please over Poreda and Carrasco. Yeah, Carrasco can burn innings, but he floats s***ty breaking pitches us to the plate like it's BP. Man our relief has sucked recently.

Link has been TERRIBLE in the minors recently.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
Poreda has some tinkering to do. You could tell his confidence is pretty low and his mechanics are a bit off. Some time in triple-a should do wonders. I'm not giving up on the guy yet. And I still believe he has really good trade value.

Halladay season anyone?

The price we'd have to pay for Halladay would be absurd. Not worth it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 03:41 PM)
Getz, you are so foolish! That's a terrible play by a terrible defender. That was the worst inning of the season.

It's simply ignorance from Ozzie to have Getz over Nix at second this point. Aside from his recent hot streak Getz has been awful, one of the worst everday players in the MLB.