7/19 Sox vs O's 1:05pm CSN

knightni

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
Well maybe if Ozzie didn't bash him earlier, the kid would have more confidence in himself. That's what pisses me off about Ozzie, he criticizes his own players to the media way too much. There is no need for that type of stuff.

Please, dont scapegoat his performance. Even IF it were true, I don't want some spineless little girl pitching for my team who becomes flusters when his manager doesn't kiss his ass. Jesus, it makes you wonder how players functioned 30+ years ago when players were ripped continuously in the media.

I want to know if Guillen criticizing Poreda accounting for his 5 mph drop in velocity from the reports in the minors?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people praising Ozzie for this move with Poreda? This was a terrible move and Ozzie just sticking it to the fans media, I cant wait for him to tout Wise lone HR for plugging him in today either.

Ozzie is the mental midget, he slams the kid in the media, never plays him. Then says I'll show you and puts in a situation to fail. I dont know many rookies who would succeed in that situation at all.

That was seriously classless indeed, and it show that Ozzie Guillen could never handle a youth movement because he always has to prove something to these "kids" always trying to tear them down. I kind of feel the way he treats BA, Fields, the other young players through the years has been terrible and has done more harm, mentally, physically.... then good.

We are just lucky that Beckham is such a sure thing and confidence in abundance that Ozzie dumb comments couldn't even dent him.

QUOTE (Misplaced_Sox @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
Why are people praising Ozzie for this move with Poreda? This was a terrible move and Ozzie just sticking it to the fans media, I cant wait for him to tout Wise lone HR for plugging him in today either.

Ozzie is the mental midget, he slams the kid in the media, never plays him. Then says I'll show you and puts in a situation to fail. I dont know many rookies who would succeed in that situation at all.

That was seriously classless indeed, and it show that Ozzie Guillen could never handle a youth movement because he always has to prove something to these "kids" always trying to tear them down. I kind of feel the way he treats BA, Fields, the other young players through the years has been terrible and has done more harm, mentally, physically.... then good.

We are just lucky that Beckham is such a sure thing and confidence in abundance that Ozzie dumb comments couldn't even dent him.

I love this post. The fact he left him in to face Reimold was proof to me that he was sticking it to the fans.

QUOTE (Misplaced_Sox @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)

Glad someone else feels the way I do about Ozzie.

The last 30 days or so, the Sox offense is ranked #1 in just about every major category. So there is still a chance. I wonder what the Sox record is the past couple of seasons for 3 game series in which they won the first 2. Its almost automatic they lose.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
Poreda has some tinkering to do. You could tell his confidence is pretty low and his mechanics are a bit off. Some time in triple-a should do wonders. I'm not giving up on the guy yet. And I still believe he has really good trade value.

Halladay season anyone?

His supposed velocity has yet to show up. It's Nick Masset-esque. A guy who supposedly throws a shade under 99, but we've never seen it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 08:46 PM)
The last 30 days or so, the Sox offense is ranked #1 in just about every major category. So there is still a chance. I wonder what the Sox record is the past couple of seasons for 3 game series in which they won the first 2. Its almost automatic they lose.

Being at the game yesterday, it was amazing how every hitter seems to be on fire over the last 30 games or so. Oh, and sitting in the right field stands, it makes you realize just how slow Jermaine is. Mora's flyball in the 9th was ridiculous.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)

It does seam that way. Usually, because Ozzie loves his s*** Sunday lineups. But we are just terrible at closing out series.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
Poreda has some tinkering to do. You could tell his confidence is pretty low and his mechanics are a bit off. Some time in triple-a should do wonders. I'm not giving up on the guy yet. And I still believe he has really good trade value.

Halladay season anyone?

Poreda isn't the piece that I don't want to give up for Halladay. It's the main piece that makes it not worth it. I'd go as far as to say I wouldn't trade Danks for Halladay straight up. I think Danks can be that good and has way more value considering he is cheap and under contract longer. If we don't give up Danks or Beckham (which we shouldn't), we don't get Halladay and I'm ok with that.

If we're not going to give Poreda regular work, send him down. Because those 2 walks were a perfect example of why he shouldn't be in the bullpen.

Seriously, our long relief has been complete utter s***. Walks out of the bullpen almost hurt more than grand slams.

QUOTE (Misplaced_Sox @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)

So Ozzie is an idiot for not using Poreda and an idiot for using him. This was the exact opportunity I was talking about in a different thread where Poreda would have an opportunity to earn Ozzie's trust. Sorry, getting guys out in AA is a lot different than getting them out in the majors. In fact, Poreda would have an ugly ERA if he were in the position a lot of people want him to be in, that being in the rotation. He had a chance today and walked both guys he faced. I'm all for ripping Ozzie setting guys up to fail, but 2 batters 2 walks, that's on Poreda.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 02:49 PM)
If we're not going to give Poreda regular work, send him down. Because those 2 walks were a perfect example of why he shouldn't be in the bullpen.

Seriously, our long relief has been complete utter s***. Walks out of the bullpen almost hurt more than grand slams.

The two walks and now 8 in 11 innings are exactly why he should be in the bullpen. He wouldn't last 4 innings regularly as a starter until he figures something else out.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
So Ozzie is an idiot for not using Poreda and an idiot for using him. This was the exact opportunity I was talking about in a different thread where Poreda would have an opportunity to earn Ozzie's trust. Sorry, getting guys out in AA is a lot different than getting them out in the majors. In fact, Poreda would have an ugly ERA if he were in the position a lot of people want him to be in, that being in the rotation. He had a chance today and walked both guys he faced. I'm all for ripping Ozzie setting guys up to fail, but 2 batters 2 walks, that's on Poreda.

He should have never been promoted. I know for a fact that Beckham was promoted as a power struggle between KW and Ozzie, but I have no idea why Poreda was promoted. If anything, the stint in the majors has hurt his trade value while potentially hurting his development. All you had to do is look at his walk numbers and pitches per innings in the minors to see that he wouldn't cut it up here.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
I honestly wish Wise hadn’t hit that homerun. This will only due the team harm, if it convinces Ozzie that Wise is getting “on track“

We're now going on nearly 4 years without a major league-caliber starting center fielder. But I am confident that one of these days -- and maybe even before 2017 -- Kenny Williams will aggressively fill that spot. (Provided that, you know, "the market" will make that possible.)