Films Thread

juddling

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 01:42 PM)
So refreshing to see something other than a cookie cutter Hollywood sci-fi action flick.

Did you watch the short film that inspired the feature film?

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 04:21 PM)
For someone unfamiliar with the comic book, and how much was added/left out, I thought Watchmen was a great movie. I'm sure many would disagree, but from my perspective it's just below Dark Knight in the superhero genre.

I thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

I massively disappointed in Watchmen. I was ready for it to be more, but some of the actors killed it for me(Malin Ackerman specifically. She is such a bad actress that I actually find her completely unattractive now). Rohrschach was awesome, The Comedian was decent in the few shots he got, and Dr Manhattan was cool, but Nite Owl, Silk Spectre II and Ozymandias were just awful.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
I massively disappointed in Watchmen. I was ready for it to be more, but some of the actors killed it for me(Malin Ackerman specifically. She is such a bad actress that I actually find her completely unattractive now). Rohrschach was awesome, The Comedian was decent in the few shots he got, and Dr Manhattan was cool, but Nite Owl, Silk Spectre II and Ozymandias were just awful.

nerd

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)

Are you a fan of the comic? I didn't really think too much of several main characters either (including Dr. Manhattan), but I assumed their personalities were similar to those of their respective comic book characters. You'd expect Rorschach and The Comedian to have strong personalities, and Manhattan to be emotionless, but aside from them, the others seemed to be ordinary people. Rorschach and The Nite Owl even mentioned when entering Ozmandias' liar that he was a pacifist who (to their knowledge) hadn't killed anyone.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 08:12 PM)
My thoughs on District 9

-I really did enjoy it, but I thought it would have been more enjoyable if they would have make Wikus more likeable from the start.

That would have been too formulaic and "Hollywood" for me. I liked that some annoying bureaucrat turned out to be the hero.

The worst thing about watchmen was the song selection and the slavish devotion to the comic. If you're going to adapt something for a new medium then f***ing adapt it. I had the same problem with 300.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 04:21 PM)
For someone unfamiliar with the comic book women, I thought Watchmen was a great movie. I'm sure many would disagree, but from my perspective it's just below Dark Knight in the superhero genre.

fixed for you...

:lolhitting

Bruce Willis has confirmed his cameo in Stallone's movie The Expendables.

link

Bruce Willis has announced that he will be appearing in a cameo role in The Expendables.

Star and director Sylvester Stallone wrote the movie's screenplay about a group of mercenaries involved in overthrowing a South American dictator. The picture will also feature Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Willis confirmed that the scene he is filming will include himself, Stallone and Schwarzenegger together on screen for the first time.

He told MTV: "That's the concept. That's the plan. I haven't united with them [yet]. I'm waiting for a call from Sly about when we're going to try and make that happen. I don't know anything about [my character] yet, haven't seen any pages yet."

He added: "But I'm excited about it."

I was totally not in the mood to see a sci-fi movie so I wasnt really able to enjoy District 9 as much as I should have. I would recommend it but I really couldnt wait for it to be over. I have a problem with having the need to see a certain genre of movie that I am in the mood for and if I dont I just dont get too much into the one that I go to see.