What should MB buy Wise?

southsider2k5

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 10:33 AM)
You guys have it all wrong. Wise should buy MB something. Without MB's performance today, no one outside Chicago would even know Wise existed.

Yeah, even after all the exposure and attention yesterday, the "1st Sox Fan" Obama STILL mispronounced Wise's name in his press conference, calling him "Wice".

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:33 AM)
You guys have it all wrong. Wise should buy MB something. Without MB's performance today, no one outside Chicago would even know WEIS existed.

True enough. Weis could buy Buehrle a collection of custom made T-shirts. One would read "Let's talk about Breastfeeding" and another, "Obama Boy". Another could read "I "Heart" DeWayne Wise". Still another could read "I'd Rather Be Huntin'". Then there's "OMG!

(with a picture Wise making the catch)". Mark also might like "Real Women Drive Trucks".

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 09:39 AM)
Yeah, even after all the exposure and attention yesterday, the "1st Sox Fan" Obama STILL mispronounced Wise's name in his press conference, calling him "Wice".

I highly doubt Charlie Weiss could have made that catch. I laughed when I heard Obama pronounce it that way.

QUOTE (HoosierSox @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 09:02 AM)
I highly doubt Charlie Weiss could have made that catch. I laughed when I heard Obama pronounce it that way.

I realize that he's busy, but he needs to pay closer attention if he's going to play the role of "First Fan."

I'm really happy that Wise is getting some well-deserved attention in the sports media. As much as I think that Anderson should be on the 25-man roster instead, it's nice to see a guy that was getting booed and treated like crap by the "fans" back in April getting the positive attention that he deserves.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 10:23 AM)
I'm really happy that Wise is getting some well-deserved attention in the sports media. As much as I think that Anderson should be on the 25-man roster instead, it's nice to see a guy that was getting booed and treated like crap by the "fans" back in April getting the positive attention that he deserves.

Isn't it heartwarming? I mean it. The guy is definitely getting his 15 minutes.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
Isn't it heartwarming? I mean it. The guy is definitely getting his 15 minutes.

That catch will be on highlight reels for YEARS! Along with Endy Chavez and Willie Mays. And no, I'm not kidding.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 11:50 AM)
Definitely.

With Lisa Dergan on his arm personally delivered from Mark Buehrle. Honestly, I hope he gets something really good and I will cheer for him like crazy next time I'm at a home game and he plays. If he deserved boos before, he definitely deserves applause.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 10:18 AM)
I hope Wise gets a standing O from fans next home stand.

I would definitely give him a standing O his next plate appearance (if I was at the game) and I'll cheer for him as long as he's a White Sox. However, I'm not about to give him a free pass or make him a lifetime member of this organization because of one play. I still believe BA is the better option of the two for this team and increases our chances of winning the division more. However, if Wise is going to be the man, I'll cheer for him to do the best and truly hope he proves my opinion wrong.