SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.

MHizzle85

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)
I made that up. Was trying to come up with the most depressing song I could think of. Whenever I heard the M*A*S*H theme song I felt like jumping out of my window. I never watched the show growing up because of that song.

If you watched the M*A*S*H film, you'd know that the song was a sarcastic joke about a well-endowed camp dentist nicknamed "Painless" who wants to kill himself, but realizes that he has work to do and can't.

It's played at his living funeral, then choppers come, he climbs out of the casket and goes to help the surgeons.

QUOTE (SnB @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
without looking it up, i'm pretty sure the sox have done fairly well in oakland since about '04.

When was the mags fog game?

we had a pretty rough series there in 06 as that season was falling apart.

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)
Didnt Anderson already ace us once so far this season?

He was one of the few pitchers the Sox faced for the first time/failed that actually looked like he had outstanding stuff. He was on a roll then, not so sure now, haven't looked at his game log. I sure hope Count decides to show up tonight.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
I made that up. Was trying to come up with the most depressing song I could think of. Whenever I heard the M*A*S*H theme song I felt like jumping out of my window. I never watched the show growing up because of that song.

I haven't looked it up again, but I think that the words to that song were written by Robert Altman's 13 year old son. (Altman was the director.)

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 12:41 AM)
He was one of the few pitchers the Sox faced for the first time/failed that actually looked like he had outstanding stuff. He was on a roll then, not so sure now, haven't looked at his game log. I sure hope Count decides to show up tonight.

Anderson is going to have a fantastic career. Some of the best stuff from a young lefty you will see.

We've known each other for so long

Your heart's been aching, but

You're too shy to say it

Inside we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling

Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye