GameThread: White Sox(62-59) vs Orioles(49-72) 7:11pm CSN/WSCR

Kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 07:00 PM)
Well, we're losing 3-1 now. No way in the world do you let Roberts bat lefty in that situation. Another brilliant managerial decision.

I have little problem with leaving the starter in at that point.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 09:01 PM)
Has this been the most dull game of the year? From this board to the fans to the announcers to the players, it feels like a game in September where both teams are 20 games out.

I'd agree with this.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 02:02 AM)
I have little problem with leaving the starter in at that point.

12 of Roberts 13 homers this year have been lefty. I'm also pretty sure Thornton's owned him in his career. Oh well, they didn't deserve to win tonight with this flat performance.

Easy prediction of the year....

Intentional walk to Jones, the reliever comes in and gives up those two (maybe a homer or bases-clearing 2B) and Floyd looks in the end like he had a pretty awful night when he pitched well enough to win if our offense and execution hadn't totally disappeared.

Getz is proving to be injury-prone, we need to move Beckham over there and give the job to Viciedo or find a veteran to plug in.

Nix is fine as a super-utility player.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
Easy prediction of the year....

Intentional walk to Jones, the reliever comes in and gives up those two (maybe a homer or bases-clearing 2B) and Floyd looks in the end like he had a pretty awful night when he pitched well enough to win if our offense and execution hadn't totally disappeared.

Getz is proving to be injury-prone, we need to move Beckham over there and give the job to Viciedo or find a veteran to plug in.

Nix is fine as a super-utility player.

u called it lol he pitched GREAT and bcuz he got left in a little too late, it looks like he pitched avg

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 02:07 AM)
FIRE GREG WALKER...don't respond Dick Allen, lol.

Seriously, I think maybe with the fading of the Thome/Dye/AJ/Konerko days...we need a change in the coaching staff, new ideas, new approach, fresh start and approach....how could it POSSIBLY hurt?

I couldn't agree more. I also think Jeff Cox needs to go. There's some big issues with this coaching staff, but too many of them have job secruity for life.

Jeff Cox is like the crazy uncle or the Randy Quaid character from "Vacation."

He's not funny anymore...let him do some community relations work with Melton and Skowron, just keep him away from the 3B coaching box.

I wouldn't mind replacing Cox, Baines and Walker, but I can't be confident any of those 3 things will happen.

QUOTE (Wise Master Buehrle @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 09:10 PM)
True, but honestly how many times have you heard Hawk say "We had our chances in this game"... It's getting to be mighty disturbing how many innings we start off so well and then peter out almost immediately after it looks like we could finally score.

I don't know. It might have been nice to have the guy who's hitting the s*** out of the ball in the game tonight. What's the fella's name? Oh, yeah, Quentin.

With an effort like Floyd's, even with all four earned runs and an offense like we do, we should be winning a game like this.

Especially against Guthrie with a straight-as-an-arrow 4-seamer and a 5.66 ERA.

Another Epic Failure

62 wins, 60 losses. We're at that threshold of "won 60 and lost 60", now what will we do with our final 40 games hmmm? I guess the one saving grace of all this is last year our team was up against a wall and did the job. We will be up against a wall in September. We'll see what happens.