GAME THREAD: Sox (63-61) @ Sawx (70-53), 6:10pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)
This isn't the game to get worked up over. Contreras pitching in Boston can't be a good thing.

Our two best pitchers losing to the 2nd worst team in the AL at home? Those games were a f***ing embarassment.

yeah but when you team spots your pitcher a 3 run lead, expectations change a little bit

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 12:29 AM)
unequivocally, the worst move of kenny williams tenure has been the Jose Contreras extension

Now you sound like me. The Rios extension and the Pena/Allen trade could be in the equation down the road.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)
This isn't the game to get worked up over. Contreras pitching in Boston can't be a good thing.

Our two best pitchers losing to the 2nd worst team in the AL at home? Those games were a f***ing embarassment.

It would be impossible for any White Sox fan not to experience acute psychosis after an inning like this one.

We need to start showing some support for Jose. As long as we keep perpuating this myth that he can't perform, we are going to get this result. He just needs a confidence boost. I hope that next time he pitches at the Cell....he gets a standing ovation when heading to the mound to start the game. If we can restore his faith, we are more likely to get a guy who pitches like Lamar Hoyt....rather than one who pitches like Jose DeLeon

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:28 PM)
Ozzie should just be embarrassed at himself for leaving him out there that long. That was to be expected.

I often don't blame manager's for leaving in pitchers that are throwing moderately well and have some misfortunes or errors....but with Contreras, the second he walks anyone or has something not go his way, he needs to be pulled. He mentally cannot get past it and is just horrible. It's like everyone and their brother knows its coming yet he leaves him in.

Why does this guy have a job in our rotation?

I dont think I've ever seen a worse inning from a pitcher in my life.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:30 PM)
yeah but when you team spots your pitcher a 3 run lead, expectations change a little bit

Not too mention two balls being hit out of the infield and they get 6 runs. Jose is a mental midget and needs to be gone. Bring up Hudson. If Contreras starts another game, it is hard for me to believe we are decicated to this year.

And fathom, you were right. Paulie shouldn't of had to yell off Jose on that little grounder, but he should have when he saw Jose stumbling over like a drunk.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 06:31 PM)
Disgraceful. This is one of the many reasons why we will not make the playoffs.

To me it's our defense (or lack thereof). If Jose can pickup a ground ball, it's still a 4-1 ballgame. Hawk is dreadful to listen to tonight, but to be expected

Edited by JohnCangelosi