GAME THREAD: Sox (63-61) @ Sawx (70-53), 6:10pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)
Hard to believe that Nix hits .202 against righties with his wonderful ability to cover the plate.

He has people who swear by him. I think some need to understand just how Nix is thought of around baseball, when this board was discussing trades many thought there was no way Fields would clear waivers. The White Sox don't want to send Wise down because they think he won't clear waivers. Nix cleared waivers twice last year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)
You know him, KW, Walker, and Cooper have job security for life. I truly feel like Ozzie did a great job during the 1st half of the year, but he's been absolutely atrocious the 2nd half of the year.

really? i thought ozzie had a horrible 1st half.....how many times did we see wise and lillibridge in there unnecessarily, not to mention the countless times he refused to walk guys.......the second half, ozzies hands have been tied IMO with the pitching staff, but what can you do

i still like the peavy trade, and he still has a chance to make an impact...but i honestly feel like we are at least 1 game better in the standings right now if we didn't make the deal

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:41 PM)
Well, the funny thing is we should be leading 4-1 and Jose was throwing 95 MPH tonight at age 40+.

But not to be...this whole season just feels like one big missed opportunity.

The writings been on the wall for a while. I don't have to wait two seconds before we're officially eliminated to see it. The talent as a whole is there. But we don't have the other stuff to go with the talent. I've taken no comfort in the fact that we've been "in it" until this point. This is NOT a playoff team. If we get there, it would be because Detroit just fell apart.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)
Hard to believe that Nix hits .202 against righties with his wonderful ability to cover the plate.

Looks like he hits with a pencil instead of a bat. No coverage at all.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:48 PM)
Looks like he hits with a pencil instead of a bat. No coverage at all.

He is a throwback sox player from the early part of this century. He is a bonified pull monkey. Anyone that throws him an inside pitch should be benched immediately. Just keep feeding him crap off the zone. You throw one fastball down the middle for strike one because he doesnt swing at strike one, and you are set.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 06:51 PM)
He is a throwback sox player from the early part of this century. He is a bonified pull monkey. Anyone that throws him an inside pitch should be benched immediately. Just keep feeding him crap off the zone. You throw one fastball down the middle for strike one because he doesnt swing at strike one, and you are set.

Exactly and got forbid Walker make and adjustment with him