Thome, $ to LAD for Fuller-Jose to COL for $, Hynick

JDsDirtySox

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:12 PM)
Thome to the Dodgers

Contreras to the Rockies

wow.. major props to Soxbadger who called this on AIM (NL team).

Contreras moving from a hitter's park to.. a hitters park.

Edited by SoxAce

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:05 PM)
No better way to display class as an organization than to cut two guys who have pitched through injuries.

I wish we could cut them both but you're right. Linebrink being cut serves us no purpose other then to send some form of message or something.

Contreras sucks. He deserves to be cut and doesn't belong on a major league roster. The reason he'll remain is because of our relationship with his agent and how stupid it would be to embarrass him and have it reflect poorly on a goldmine relationship we have with cuban ballplayers and their desire to come here.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:12 AM)
Thome to the Dodgers

Contreras to the Rockies

Well, color me suprised. Conteras to the Rockies, because of his sinker. Thome to the Dodgers to pinch hit, and potentially be worked at 1b over Loney. LA is looking for pop.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:14 PM)
wow.. major props to Soxbadger who called this on AIM (NL team).

Contreras moving from a hitter's park to.. a hitters park.

Yeah, but I get the Rockies rolling the dice on him. If he's on his fork ball is dominating and it's a K pitch or a pitch that hitters can't square up and drive. I wouldn't be shocked if he contributes.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
i'm feeling really bad for Thome right now. you know he said yes because it was what the org. wanted from him even though it meant a sacrifice of his own playing time.

not many would do the same...

Jim Thome just gained 12 games in the standings. He's going to have a damn good chance at getting a ring.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
i'm feeling really bad for Thome right now. you know he said yes because it was what the org. wanted from him even though it meant a sacrifice of his own playing time.

not many would do the same...

He's also doing it because the Dodgers have a very good chance of making the playoffs and the White Sox don't. I respect Thome a ton and he is a class act, but let's not act like he did this 100% for the White Sox.