Thome, $ to LAD for Fuller-Jose to COL for $, Hynick

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:16 PM)
i'm feeling really bad for Thome right now. you know he said yes because it was what the org. wanted from him even though it meant a sacrifice of his own playing time.

not many would do the same...

yes indeed - a very sad day for me. I wanted the big man to get his ring with the Sox. But I was also very disappointed with his contribution this season. Still, he's no doubt one of my favorite all time White Sox.

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
I'll be rooting for the Dodgers again in the playoffs.. and not for taking the cubs out.

Yeah, I may actually root against the Cardinals in the NL for the first time in years. That'll be strange...

I have nothing but respect for Jose Contreras and If this is true I'm happy that he was traded to a team willing to give him a shot in a playoff race instead of just cutting him this late in the season, especially since rosters have expanded.

Best to you, Jose and thank you for the World Series. I wish you all the best.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:18 PM)
oh i understand that, but nonetheless, couldn't be easy.

I guess when you're 38 years old, you're headed to the hall of fame, there's only 31 games left in the year, you're a ring away from making your career complete and you have the opportunity to go from a team that's 6 down to a team that's 6 up in the standings such decisions become easier.