White Sox @ Cubs, 1:20 PM, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 03:54 PM)
Did Alexei improve his D the second half of the year? I want to say yes, even though it's tough to say that after the play we just witnessed.

He couldnt get a hold of the ball. But he made some nice plays today, event a nice one to his right in the hole.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 03:54 PM)
It doesn't even look like Soriano wants to be out there.

Pretty bad effort swinging at three straight well out of the strike zone. Cubs are lucky to have teams like the Pirates, Mets and Nationals to play because their current W-L record does not even come close to showing how bad they are. Giving up 5 runs to the White Sox while getting shut out by a rookie at home is a really bad thing to do these days.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)
Pretty bad effort swinging at three straight well out of the strike zone. Cubs are lucky to have teams like the Pirates, Mets and Nationals to play because their current W-L record does not even come close to showing how bad they are. Giving up 5 runs to the White Sox while getting shut out by a rookie at home is a really bad thing to do these days.

Oh yeah! Sorryano just wanted to get it over with.

Yeah and we get the Royals and Indians and Orioles who we don't dominate enough.

Nice win, but we got our own problems to not worry about the Dubs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
Yeah and we get the Royals and Indians and Orioles who we don't dominate enough.

Nice win, but we got our own problems to not worry about the Dubs.

Its nice to win a couple. Tigers sweep Indians and take care of business which we could not do against crappy Cle. The Tigers schedule is really really easy so I don't see them losing much.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
It's very nice to win to pick up a game on Cleveland. That's the only race we're in, perhaps to catch Minnie as well.

If you dont think we are going to win the division, you should hope for us to lose the rest of the games to improve our draft position.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
If you dont think we are going to win the division, you should hope for us to lose the rest of the games to improve our draft position.

It's been known since 2007 that above poster doesn't believe in loosing games to benefit the draft position.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
It's very nice to win to pick up a game on Cleveland. That's the only race we're in, perhaps to catch Minnie as well.

Are you back again? Talk about a buzz kill. I thought we were supposed to choke this game away, at least that's what you said.

I'll never root for us to lose a game. The draft is too much of a crapshoot to care about that.

Sorry the Sox have put me in a very bad mood since the Royals and Orioles' series. I'm glad we won, but I'm still in the anger stage at the pissing away of the season.

I'm sure the anger will subside before too long.

Sorry but at this point in time the team has just pissed me off since the Royals and O's.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
I'll never root for us to lose a game. The draft is too much of a crapshoot to care about that.

Sorry the Sox have put me in a very bad mood since the Royals and Orioles' series. I'm glad we won, but I'm still in the anger stage at the pissing away of the season.

I'm sure the anger will subside before too long.

True, but I think we've seen how much the draft can help a team now and in the future, especially with the way we have been drafting lately. Just a thought.

True, but I think we've seen how much the draft can help a team now and in the future, especially with the way we have been drafting lately. Just a thought.

I agree, but a loss or two here and there and a draft position or two up or down doesn't interest me much. There are very good players to choose from in the first round regardless.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
I agree, but a loss or two here and there and a draft position or two up or down doesn't interest me much. There are very good players to choose from in the first round regardless.

Then how about being a bit more optimistic and root for wins instead of being a Debbie Downer

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 04:41 PM)
I'm hoping the anger phase subsides soon. Aren't you the least bit pissed at the choke job we pulled in that 16-game stretch?

I was angered, yes but what point does it serve to remain pissed? The past is the past, you should always remember the past, but focus on the future.