Zambrano: Sox One of Three Teams He Would Go To

LVSoxFan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
It's not your money or my money, so who cares?

Because there's only so much of it to go around and spending $53m of a probable $90-$100m payroll on the starting rotation alone is monumentally stupid. It doesn't matter who's money it is, when there's a fixed amount it available for a given season it's an issue everyone should keep in mind when contemplating possible roster moves.

Some idiot from Baseball Prospectus thought a Peavy and Zambrano swap was possible. All I have to say is: EPIC FAIL.

Zambrano makes more, has more problems, and might be as productive as Peavy.

Edited by chw42

you guys should have heard Coop a few days ago when Rongey asked him about this. Coop said "There is no chance that asshole comes and plays here. You got that? That asshole isnt playing here"

Not completely verbatim, but VERY close. And he called him an asshole about 4-7 times in a small period of time

Z: Considered insane.

Bradley: Hated by teammates and a headcase.

Rios: Supposedly lazy.

Bring 'em all in!!

Just kidding. But I wouldn't mind getting Zambrano if we could dump Alex's salary. Didn't somebody do a long story on him being a Sox fan? Admittedly I haven't read enough about Z's problems. I know he kicks the s*** out of the dugout, etc. Is he considered that bad a guy? Just curious.

And that is wild the pitching coach would go off like that. Wow.

Z: Considered insane.

Bradley: Hated by teammates and a headcase.

Rios: Supposedly lazy.

Bring 'em all in!!

Just kidding. But I wouldn't mind getting Zambrano if we could dump Alex's salary. Didn't somebody do a long story on him being a Sox fan? Admittedly I haven't read enough about Z's problems. I know he kicks the s*** out of the dugout, etc. Is he considered that bad a guy? Just curious.

And that is wild the pitching coach would go off like that. Wow.

Trading a proven player at a position that we have been lacking for years because he is having an off year, for a headcase who costs more and plays at the one position we DON'T need. Come on... Your hate for Rios is getting ridiculous.

Rude, I'm past hating Rios.

I'm just concerned that he really truly isn't very good at the plate.

I don't like the idea of him in our lineup next year. Hope it just was an off year, but watching him bat (like watching Jermaine) is excruciatingly painful.

Aren't you also pained to see Alex bat?

I hope it indeed is just a one-year thing. Yes he appears to be a good defensive player and if we can add some offense in other areas, it'll be nice to have a glove in center.

Somebody lock this thread. We've got 4 guys in our rotation who could be all-stars in any given year. A 5th starter (assuming we pick up the option) that any team in the league would be happy with. A potential young stud who just recently finished obliterating every level of the minor leagues waiting in the wings. And adding an overrated, overpaid, lazy, injury prone, underachiever (who's also a headcase and, well, a moron) that's due more than 55 million bucks the next 3 years makes sense in what way? Again, this thread needs to be locked.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (scotty22hotty @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 01:04 AM)
Jenks(arb.), Linebrink(10.5M), Alexi(2.2M)

For

Big Z(53M), Bradley(21M) & 21M

Assuming Jenks takes a 14M/2 deal.

Sox take on around ~25M (Cubs shed ~5M)

Losing Alexi hurts, but I can see the Cubs taking this offer... :bang

hahahahahaha, thats the 2nd worst trade proposal of all time behind the idiot who said "peavy for lil z"

For

OH.MY.GOD. I'm pretty sure you're kidding. That's probably the second worse trade proposal I've seen this year. Nothing will top the proposal in which the Dodgers were supposed to trade Clayton Kershaw in an attempt to land Cliff Lee.

That's not that bad. I see WAY worse proposals on other forums. Hell, just today i saw one guy put up the idea of Konerko for Berkman. Then i saw somebody put up the idea of konerko, getz, and fields for Josh Hamilton. I'm glad that isn't the case here (even though it is hilarious to see peoples reactions to those trade ideas).

For

I cringed at that.

Not one but TWO head cases, while creating a hole in the BP and at 3rd? No thank you.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 02:09 PM)
you guys should have heard Coop a few days ago when Rongey asked him about this. Coop said "There is no chance that asshole comes and plays here. You got that? That asshole isnt playing here"

Not completely verbatim, but VERY close. And he called him an asshole about 4-7 times in a small period of time

I hope Coop really said that.

I would quit following the team for as long as that prick was wearing a Sox jersey.

sorry didn't see this yet......................

Some baseball people believe the White Sox could have interest in the Cubs' Carlos Zambrano, possibly even for the newly acquired Jake Peavy. It would be a way for two teams without much money to spend to shake things up.

per Chicago Tribune per si.com

QUOTE (SockMe @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 09:22 PM)
sorry didn't see this yet......................

Some baseball people believe the White Sox could have interest in the Cubs' Carlos Zambrano, possibly even for the newly acquired Jake Peavy. It would be a way for two teams without much money to spend to shake things up.

per Chicago Tribune per si.com

What? Who? This sounds retarded. Are these "baseball people" just baseball fans on a message board?