Sportscenter

WHarris1

They showed about 3 batters in the Sox highlights. Then at the end slipped in "By the way the Sox have won 7 in a row." THEY DIDNT EVEN SHOW MAGS HIT! Not us striking out Delgado, nothing.

Then I watched Yankees highlights, what do they get? Around 12 batters.

They showed about 3 batters in the Sox highlights.  Then at the end slipped in "By the way the Sox have won 10 in a row."  THEY DIDNT EVEN SHOW MAGS HIT!  Not us striking out Delgado, nothing.

The Sox haven't won 10 in a row.

They showed about 3 batters in the Sox highlights.  Then at the end slipped in "By the way the Sox have won 7 in a row."  THEY DIDNT EVEN SHOW MAGS HIT!  Not us striking out Delgado, nothing.

First of all, the Yankees are a bigger draw nationally, so they will always get more coverage, like it or not.

Secondly, they don't wait until midnight to put together all of the highlight reels, so the lateness of the game probably had an effect as well.

Didn't say that Toronto won on top of it??????  I thought Stu screwed something up.

The graphic on ESPN originally said that Toronto won 4-3 even thought the sportscaster said it correctly. Not sure if that got changed for later versions or not.

i think a lot of people are becoming dissatisfied with sportcenter/bball2nite and espn in general. it would be nice to see a new sports station pop up and try to challenge espn. kinda like a back to basics sports channel. espn news channel is really good though.

as bad as espn is becoming foxsports is just off the charts horrible. what the hell is with calling the post game show the "Sox Post". it just sounds weird and bad.

They showed about 3 batters in the Sox highlights.  Then at the end slipped in "By the way the Sox have won 7 in a row."  THEY DIDNT EVEN SHOW MAGS HIT!  Not us striking out Delgado, nothing.

Two words. SO WHAT? Sox don't draw dick locally so what makes you think they'd draw nationally? Ever go to Comiskey during the Red Sox or Yankees series? If you haven't, you'd know right there why the AL East teams draw a larger chunk of ESPN's broadcasting time. Comiskey is filled with Yankee and Red Sox fans because THERE ARE MORE OF THEM IN THE US THAN THERE ARE WHITE SOX FANS! And I don't blame ESPN for not jumping on the White Sox bandwagon right away. This team has a history of getting hot, drawing interest, then falling flat on it's face. I like what I see. But after having my hopes crushed 4 or 5 times JUST THIS SEASON, it's wait and see for me.

i think a lot of people are becoming dissatisfied with sportcenter/bball2nite and espn in general. it would be nice to see a new sports station pop up and try to challenge espn. kinda like a back to basics sports channel. espn news channel is really good though.

as bad as espn is becoming foxsports is just off the charts horrible. what the hell is with calling the post game show the "Sox Post". it just sounds weird and bad.

I really think that on the Sox Post on FSN they need to get rid of Damon Andrews. Personally I don't like him at all and they could have someone better on there with Bill Melton.

Oh yes and i get mad at that motherf***ers because they only show one hit or 2 for us. And the worst thing is that this is the only way that i see White Sox highlights. BBTN sometimes i watch, because it pass on ESPN once in a lifetime. And they talk a much more about the Cubs than the Sox.

It is nto about promoting teams it si a highlite show. There was plenty of good stuff to show, (i.e. Delgado in extra innings, the Thomas Ordonez hits, etc.) instead there is the Hinske homer and the rain delay followed by the Wells homer. Nothing about how well Marte and Gordon pitched. This game was as big as the game at wrigley yesterday yet was hardly covered. If this was not the norm I would agree that the ending time would ahve been the reason.

It is nto about promoting teams it si a highlite show.  There was plenty of good stuff to show, (i.e. Delgado in extra innings, the Thomas Ordonez hits, etc.) instead there is the Hinske homer and the rain delay followed by the Wells homer.  Nothing about how well Marte and Gordon pitched.  This game was as big as the game at wrigley yesterday yet was hardly covered.  If this was not the norm I would agree that the ending time would ahve been the reason.

It is a highlight show with only so much time. So yes, they will give marquee games and marquee teams more face time because that is what their audience wants. Couple that with the lateness of the game and it makes sense.

Sox fans tend to take the media way too personally. No need to get riled over nothing in this case.