**Official Yankees vs. Angels Thread**

knightni

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As dumb a play as I've ever seen, there is NO excuse throwing the ball to 2nd base there. Angels are going to need a miracle to win this series now, they'll have to win 4 out of 5 (or 4 in a row) against the Yankees and also have to clinch the series at Yankee Stadium. I don't think either of those is realistic.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 12:23 AM)
As dumb a play as I've ever seen, there is NO excuse throwing the ball to 2nd base there. Angels are going to need a miracle to win this series now, they'll have to win 4 out of 5 (or 4 in a row) against the Yankees and also have to clinch the series at Yankee Stadium. I don't think either of those is realistic.

Especially since the Yankees are flat out better than the Angels and are the best team in baseball this year. Good luck winning 4 of 5 having to face CC two more times, Petitte twice, and Burnett one more time with the Yankees having just a monster of a bullpen right now. It is basically a six inning game because if you are down going into the 7th you are screwed with Joba, Hughes, and Rivera coming up.

Yeah, even in perfect weather conditions that would have been impossible to turn two there. Add the facts that it was wet and a misplay loses you a must-win playoff game, and there is absolutely no excuse for that decision. Horrendous. Especially considering the fact that the Angels' advantage grew every inning longer the game went, because of the precarious position the Yankee bullpen was in.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 12:25 AM)
Especially since the Yankees are flat out better than the Angels and are the best team in baseball this year. Good luck winning 4 of 5 having to face CC two more times, Petitte twice, and Burnett one more time with the Yankees having just a monster of a bullpen right now. It is basically a six inning game because if you are down going into the 7th you are screwed with Joba, Hughes, and Rivera coming up.

Yankees are the best team by a wide margin. I think the only team that could really hang with them is the Phillies, and even they would have major issues since their bullpen is trash.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
Yankees are the best team by a wide margin. I think the only team that could really hang with them is the Phillies, and even they would have major issues since their bullpen is trash.

Wide margin. If it weren't for the Angels playing uncharacteristcaly bad defense, this series might be 2-0 the other way. Bottom line is I can't see how anyone can tell me the Yanks are head and shoulders the best team in baseball. The Twins played them competitively and the Angels have.

I make no excuse, Yanks won the game, but the Angels certainly have helped them out the first two games.