**Official Phillies vs. Yankees Thread**

knightni

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 12:52 AM)
I still think that was a boring series. The only feel good moment for me is Rivera. He's so durable, consistent. It's fun to watch him pitch. Just like starters can learn from watching Buehrle work, relievers could learn a lot watching Rivera.

He's a god.

I hope the Phillies are done for a while; no need to see them in the WS again unless we are playing and beating them.

Yeah it was. I watched more baseball today than the rest of the World Series combined. I even went to the store in the bottom of the 5th and missed 1.5 innings.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 09:52 PM)
I still think that was a boring series. The only feel good moment for me is Rivera. He's so durable, consistent. It's fun to watch him pitch. Just like starters can learn from watching Buehrle work, relievers could learn a lot watching Rivera.

He's a god.

I hope the Phillies are done for a while; no need to see them in the WS again unless we are playing and beating them.

Mariano Rivera benefits from having a 36" wide home plate. All the Yankee pitchers do.

Marte—8" off home plate and he gets a strike because of the uniform he's in. And we know Damaso Marte better than most, don't we?

I would not be at all surprised if the Yankees were buying umpires. I know, it may sound like a petty drunk posting—and that's at least half true—but look at the tapes. Every call went the Yankees' way in this Series. Utley out when he was clearly safe. Several ball and strike calls that if were thrown by Yankees, would have been strikes.

The Yankees winning is somehow good for baseball I guess. I watched very little post season baseball which is sad.

Now when they go out and get Holliday and Figgins I can not care about next post season as well if the Sox do not make it.

I wonder how they plan on building their rotation.

What is sad is that a Kei Igawa signing can hurt a franchise but the Yanks can just shrug it off.

I think the owners want the Yankees and Red Sox to control everything then they have an excuse for not spending. Kind of like now the McCaskey's have to spend money because of the cap.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 09:52 PM)

If Hamels can figure anything out and Happ develops like a rookie starter should, this Phillies team could easily be back next year. Remember, they get Lee a full year next year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:48 AM)
If Hamels can figure anything out and Happ develops like a rookie starter should, this Phillies team could easily be back next year. Remember, they get Lee a full year next year.

I doubt Happ develops. Sophomore slump is more likely. He overperformed this year to say the least.

Girardi helps a motorist in a crash at 3 AM driving home from game 6. Him & Pettitte both drove through a drunken-driving checkpoint set up near there. If I ever won a World Series, I definitely wouldnt be in any condition to make it through a DUI checkpoint...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/200...tory?id=4625899