KW: Pods not likely to come back

justBLAZE

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)
Yah thats way too much, but I'm scared to death to be losing 2 of our better offensive players from last year off of an atrocious offense. KW better have some real nice tricks up his sleeve.

Pods was solid last year but you can't expect that same production again. Honestly, Pods asking for $7.5 million is the best news of the day. I was worried sick that KW was going to sign to some sort of 2 year deal. Now, let's spend a little money and get a better, more complete outfielder.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 06:41 AM)
I know this is irrational but i still haven't really forgiven Pods for that Mariners game where got picked off. I just feel like we invested so much in that game, and for Pods to screw up that badly, it just left a bad taste in my mouth.
ME TO

Boers and Berstein are talking about how Pods wanted a 2 year 15 million dollar deal.

If Pods wants that, good luck.

I would like him back, but if he wants to test the market for that, again, good luck. He doesn't seem to play well unless he's wearing a Chicago uniform. Maybe the Cubbies want him. Who the f*** will pay Pods 7.5 mill a year??

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (SoIL @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
I thought about him when I saw he was released. I don't know much about him, but it's an interesting idea.

He was not released, he is a free agent. Since byrd has been in texas...

2007-

Home- 224 PA - .356/.438/.538

Away- 230 PA - .259/.304/.410

2008-

Home- 238 PA - .299/.398/.512

Away- 224 PA - .297/.362/.411

2009-

Home- 312 PA - .282/.336/.538

Away- 287 PA - .285/.322/.419

Pretty significant difference.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
Highest AVG and highest OBP (other than Thome) on a team whose offense sucked and we don't want to bring him back.

Sounds like a plan!!!!

Plus we lose two guys (Getz and Pods) who brought speed to the team. We must be headed in the right direction

I know this is irrational but i still haven't really forgiven Pods for that Mariners game where got picked off. I just feel like we invested so much in that game, and for Pods to screw up that badly, it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

That was one of the signature plays of our season.

It was really bad.

Should be interesting to see how KW replaces Pods and Dye. Like somebody said, on paper that's losing a lot of offense.

Somebody mentioned Ross Gload recently. I kind of see Teahen more of a Ross Gload than a Gordon Beckham type prospect.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
Boers and Berstein are talking about how Pods wanted a 2 year 15 million dollar deal.

Bernsie is the #1 anti-Pods guy in the world, so he had to love that.

Just cause his contract demands are too high for KW, doesnt mean other teams will accept them. Will be interesting to see if/when he signs and for how much it actually is for

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 02:57 AM)
Bernsie is the #1 anti-Pods guy in the world, so he had to love that.

Just cause his contract demands are too high for KW, doesnt mean other teams will accept them. Will be interesting to see if/when he signs and for how much it actually is for

It will be no more than half of that, and the second year will be a team option.