Comments Thread - 50 Fav Rock Acts

knightni

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
Pure originals! I'm thrilled they made the list!

Soxtalk = Taste!

You and me are two of the three Soxtalkers that had Talking Heads on their lists — I wonder who the other bloke with good taste is.

Hey Ni. . . For previous list countdowns, didn't you include the names of all teh SWoxTalkers that included a particular entry, and not just the poster who scored it in the highest slot? I thinks that's what you did, and I liked that.

At any rate, two of my bands have made the cut so far. yea.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 06:49 AM)
My uncle, who is 51(?), is of the opinion that Ten is the greatest rock and roll album ever. I don't completely agree with him, but it is still a great album.

I personally believe that Ten is the greatest rock album ever

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
Hey Ni. . . For previous list countdowns, didn't you include the names of all teh SWoxTalkers that included a particular entry, and not just the poster who scored it in the highest slot? I thinks that's what you did, and I liked that.

Agreed! I miss that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 06:45 PM)
Soundgarden beats Pearl Jam? Ok, that's just wrong. Maybe I should have voted. Next time don't run these when I'm handing in my thesis!

I didn't participate in this out of consideration for everyone else. I was too afraid of throwing off the list

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 06:26 PM)
A few albums of greatness > 90 albums of s***. I f***ing love Soundgarden.

I've got nothing against Soundgarden, they'd probably have appeared on my list, they just would be behind PJ.

I will say that if Creed or if STP wind up ahead of Pearl Jam, i'm just going to delete these threads.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
I've got nothing against Soundgarden, they'd probably have appeared on my list, they just would be behind PJ.

I will say that if Creed or if STP wind up ahead of Pearl Jam, i'm just going to delete these threads.

Don't take part in the democratic process and then b**** about the election results. How typically American. :lolhitting

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
You and me are two of the three Soxtalkers that had Talking Heads on their lists — I wonder who the other bloke with good taste is.

:)

I'm shocked that they were this low in the list. David Byrne is awesome, and Stop Making Sense is arguably the greatest concert film ever. Fantastic album, too :P

Also, Byrne's solo stuff (and non-Talking Heads material) is pretty good as well. I especially like My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, which he made with Brian Eno.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)

If Creed shows up on this list at all, I will have lost all faith in Soxtalk members. Hell, I don't even know if I would be able to come back to the forums if that happened.

My Fleetwood Mac vote was probably split 65-35 towards the pre Rumours line up. Looking back over my list, it is weighed heavily towards what oldies I've reconnected with at this stage in my life. For obvious reasons, Rumours fits nicely.

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
:)

I'm shocked that they were this low in the list. David Byrne is awesome, and Stop Making Sense is arguably the greatest concert film ever. Fantastic album, too :P

Also, Byrne's solo stuff (and non-Talking Heads material) is pretty good as well. I especially like My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, which he made with Brian Eno.

I was a little miffed at the Wiki synopsis for completely blowing off Adrian Belew's extended contributions to the ensemble in the Stop Making Sense era as well as his awesome presence on Remain in Light. I know he was just a hired gun, but I loves me some Belew.

Come to think of it, In addition to listing Adrian Solo/The Bears in my top 20, I also have him included by association three additional times with FZ, KIng Krimson, and Bowie. I could have included Laurie Anderson for the superfecta.