Comments Thread - 50 Fav Rock Acts

knightni

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
and since music is my passion and i see bruceeee made the list id like to give you guys a heads up on my #3 band(pretty sure they were) the gaslight anthem. i love turning people on to new great music and i think everyone young and old will love this band.

What are you saying?

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)
before you guys bash rise against why dont ya check em out theyre a great local band that make great music and theyre all great people. alot of there music has a strong positive message behind it give em a chance just because you havent heard of doesnt mean theyre not good. I have a feeling all the bands that i voted for that make it will get bashed, but do me a favor and jump onto youtube and check out a couple of their songs before ya bash em, you'll be surprised

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

I have heard of them and heard their music. And I still strongly dislike them :P (especially the song knightni linked to)

Nice to see QotSA make the list. I had them in my top 10 :)

Also, Slipknot is awful.

Edited by Felix

Now I really regret forgetting about Pearl Jam (and god dammit the Beastie Boys should be a band. :P) I guess hopefully if Knight makes a "fav rap acts list" thread we can wait that out then. :D

As long as the RHCP make the top 10 in this list, all is forgiven in the world.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 10:41 PM)
I tried to (example, not actuality) balance two guys putting Slipknot at #2 with 4 guys putting CCR as their #11 by adding bonus points for each list that the artist was on, but sometimes, the numbers are just unadjustable.

Maybe someone's just not trying hard enough. . .

These write-ups are all kinds of wonderful. Thanks for compiling these, knight...

I am learning all sorts of things.

I recently met a girl who was a good friend of Brandon Flowers while they were in high school here in Las Vegas. Funny to hear those stories against the backdrop of some of the "official" band histories...:)

Oh god... Green Day.

I'm all sorts of sad right now that Soxtalk members apparently enjoy Green Day more than Talking Heads (and Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and Queens of the Stone Age and just about everyone else on this list) :(

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 08:16 AM)
Oh god... Green Day.

I'm all sorts of sad right now that Soxtalk members apparently enjoy Green Day more than Talking Heads (and Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and Queens of the Stone Age and just about everyone else on this list) :(

Just take it in stride. I have it on good authority, Frank is a LOCK for the top spot.

:)

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 08:16 AM)
Oh god... Green Day.

Seriously, the singer is always flat. Doesn't that annoy people? because it makes me crazy. Crazy!