Hideki Matsui

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 08:02 PM)
Please ignore this post. It has lots of hyperbole and frustration.

LOL. Vlads? Thome? Try Mark Kotsay. And the worst Sox offense of all time.

Ugh. I really wanted Matsui bad. But hey, we have Alex Rios at 10 mil a year.

People keep giving you a hard time, but it's really disappointing how much Rios' contract could be hampering our chances at signing other valuable pieces. I agree with you that Matsui would have been a pefect fit, and 6.5 million isn't a lot.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 02:02 PM)

If he signs there,it's because of his preference for the West Coast. They want him as strictly a DH (maybe they'll bend a little) and he said he wants to play the outfield. But he also has said if not the Yankees he would like the west Coast.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 02:02 PM)

Give me Rios in CF and a ? at DH over Matsui at DH and Wise in CF any day of the week.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
People keep giving you a hard time, but it's really disappointing how much Rios' contract could be hampering our chances at signing other valuable pieces. I agree with you that Matsui would have been a pefect fit, and 6.5 million isn't a lot.

i don't think it's the money. It's more the preference for the West Coast. I would think KW could go 6.5 mil.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)

I put a warning on it! :P I'm just really scared that we could possibly waste what could be an awesome staff.

I mean, it's not like we have just 1 offensive spot to fill. We ahve our highest avg and highest OPS to fill off of our aready s***ty offensive team.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 05:11 PM)

imagine our outfield WITHOUT rios. he's not a guarantee to be good but it's certainly a possibility

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
Are you starting a baseball team?

No. Not yet. When I get dirty rotten filthy stinking rich I'm going to bring an MLB team to Portland, but that's a whole other story :lolhitting

Naw seriously though... I wonder if scouts for the White Sox are taking a close look at anyone over there. Hey, that's how we found Tadahito Iguchi, right??

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 07:39 PM)
i dont know,i just feel like vlad has the potential to put up better (power) numbers at the cell than matsui

personally, I'm just in love with the Vladdy of yore and part of me wants to believe that he's still got some of that. So I agree with you. However, most (all) of that is gut instinct and the reason I suck at fantasy baseball, let alone real-life GMing.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
personally, I'm just in love with the Vladdy of yore and part of me wants to believe that he's still got some of that. So I agree with you. However, most (all) of that is gut instinct and the reason I suck at fantasy baseball, let alone real-life GMing.

i would rather get matsui, but if we got vlad, i wouldnt be upset. i think he still has a little left in the tank to be a productive hitter.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
i would rather get matsui, but if we got vlad, i wouldnt be upset. i think he still has a little left in the tank to be a productive hitter.

I'd much rather have Vlad. They're equally injury prone but Vlad is just absolutely dangerous. I bet he bounces back next year for a mid .800's OPS. However, I bet he asks for too much money.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 06:17 PM)
MLBTraderumors.com is reporting that Matsui has officially agreed to a 1 year $6.5M deal with Angels. So basically we can all just forget about him.

well... that sucks. im not panicking but we really need another impact bat.