Free Agent Tracker

Heads22

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 09:19 AM)
From 2007-2009, Jermaine Dye has put up a .801 OPS against righties and a .913 OPS against lefties. His OPS against LHP was at least 50 points higher than against RHP every one of those single seasons. You can say good hitters are good hitters, and Jermaine Dye is a good hitter. However, he's an average to even below average hitter against RHP (esp. if he's less than 100%) and an above average hitter against LHP. The numbers don't lie.

JD just doesn't fit in this lineup right now as constructed.

Im not a big stats nerd when it comes to things other than BA OBP HR RBI so i wont chime in on this OPS argument but 3 of the past 5 years JD has hit over .280 against RHP (yes the other 2 years were bad), 2 of those years he actually hit better against RHP, and each of the last 5 years hes hit 20 or mor HR against RHP. I believe JD is gonna go into next year with somethin to prove and I dont see why he couldnt put up the number he put up in 08 where he batted .294 (.285 against LHP) with a .340 obp 23 HR and 69 RBI against RHP.

Im all for JD being brought back you can cycle him at DH 1B and RF

QUOTE (SockMe @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
uggh I dont like the sound of Valverde to the Tigers. Dude has a serious good arm. Very shaky pitcher though.

He's been one of the best closers in the NL the last three years. I just don't get how a team supposedly looking to shed payroll (the Granderson trade) would make this move.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
He's been one of the best closers in the NL the last three years. I just don't get how a team supposedly looking to shed payroll (the Granderson trade) would make this move.

Well, they don't have to pay for a first round pick anymore.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)

Yea, trading Granderson, one of the premier players in the game to shed payroll, and then overpaying for a good, but not elite reliever. I can't say I understand it, but I'm not complaining.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 08:55 AM)
Yea, trading Granderson, one of the premier players in the game to shed payroll, and then overpaying for a good, but not elite reliever. I can't say I understand it, but I'm not complaining.

They let a ton of players walk away. This isn't going to be your cousin's Tigers team.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 09:20 AM)
Paul Sullivan said the cubs are kicking the tires on Dye as a 4th OF/platoon with fukodome. Is fukodome one of the bigger busts in recent memory? I think Sullivan said he hit .259.

Dye at Wrigley would be interesting to watch. Some hitters don't adjust to playing part time or DH.

Just think Fukodome was close to being a Sox.