Yanks, Tigers, Dbacks Agree to Trade

Chisoxfn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 8, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
The Tigers made out like bandits on this one. And i hate this for the Yankees.

Yeah, the Tigers did great. I'm a big fan Granderson fan, so i think the Yankees did well, didn't give up too much for a great player. I think the D-Backs get hosed, gave up a lot of young talent.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 8, 2009 -> 01:15 PM)
Yeah, the Tigers did great. I'm a big fan Granderson fan, so i think the Yankees did well, didn't give up too much for a great player. I think the D-Backs get hosed, gave up a lot of young talent.

What the hell happened to Josh Byrnes? I thought he was a very promising up and coming GM a few years ago.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 8, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
The Tigers made out like bandits on this one. And i hate this for the Yankees.

Why? Kennedy probably has little to no value right now because even when he is healthy he doesn't have great stuff and he has had a ton of arm trouble. Coke is a solid reliever but nothing special. Jackson is a good prospect but probably overrated considering his OBP is only about .350 in the minors and he hasn't shown any power. Even in a bad down year Granderson posted a higher OPS in the majors than Jackson posted in a good year in AAA.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 8, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
Why? Kennedy probably has little to no value right now because even when he is healthy he doesn't have great stuff and he has had a ton of arm trouble. Coke is a solid reliever but nothing special. Jackson is a good prospect but probably overrated considering his OBP is only about .350 in the minors and he hasn't shown any power. Even in a bad down year Granderson posted a higher OPS in the majors than Jackson posted in a good year in AAA.

Yeah, Granderson unquestionably makes the Yankees better. Even if Jackson turns into a star, so what? LOL. The Yankees are the one team that doesn't ever have to worry about traded prospects coming back to haunt them.

Edited by Jordan4life

I can only think that Arizona is foreseeing a long string of injuries for Scherzer and to take advantage of his trade value now. Plus, Jackson could do very well in the NL.

Still, quite a haul for the Tigers even though they lose two of their most promising young players. They still have a strong core to build around though.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 8, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)

Yep, the Yankees did incredibly well here. Diamondbacks fans can not be pleased right now, on paper they just got taken.