Halladay to Phillies in 4 team trade

Nokona

With the recent history of World Series SP struggling mightily the next season after the extensive workload, I'm not surprised to see the Phils make this move. They went through it with Hamels. We went through it with Buehrle. I think this is a smart/safe move for the Phils. Lee threw 272 innings last year, yikes.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillippe Aumont.. a Canadian... hometown guy.. Toronto loves him.. makes sense. I can't believe the Phils got to hold onto Drebak (their top pitching prospect) in all of this. Man Seattle got way more dangerous and it makes sense for the Phillies as Lee was going to test the market and already rejected an extension from them.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 09:20 PM)
Happ and Blanton? lol. So their rotation would be Halladay, Hamels, ?, ?, ?...? I'd just ignore every rumor until there's an official confirmation.

theyre saying happ or drabek is involved. yea,whatever,doesnt involve us lol

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)
Im sick of hearing about this trade already... it dont make much sense for philly but halladay is slightly better than lee... i don't know why they'd trade top prospects to exchange them though.. also isn't cliff lee's salary way less in 2010???

yea doesnt make much sense to me

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 09:52 PM)
yea doesnt make much sense to me

If they don't think they can resign Lee (which they don't), then picking up Halladay + guaranteed 4 years vs. losing Lee after this year is good dealz

Edited by Jenksy Cat

I do and dont get this deal. By the looks of it, none of the prospects the Phillies are getting in return from the Mariners will be a part of the Halladay deal. However, Phillipe Amounte and Gillies are very good prospects to get in return for Lee.

But if I wanted to win now, I would keep Lee, use Drabek, Turner, and other prospect(s) for Halladay, and just dominate the NL with a great offense and the possibly the best rotation in baseball.

However, trading Lee while his value is at it's peak is not a bad move. Good move for both the M's and Jays though. This deal can turn be good, bad, or indifferent for the Phillies. Signing Halladay to the extension is what makes the most sense for the Phillies.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 11:33 PM)
I do and dont get this deal. By the looks of it, none of the prospects the Phillies are getting in return from the Mariners will be a part of the Halladay deal. However, Phillipe Amounte and Gillies are very good prospects to get in return for Lee.

But if I wanted to win now, I would keep Lee, use Drabek, Turner, and other prospect(s) for Halladay, and just dominate the NL with a great offense and the possibly the best rotation in baseball.

However, trading Lee while his value is at it's peak is not a bad move. Good move for both the M's and Jays though. This deal can turn be good, bad, or indifferent for the Phillies. Signing Halladay to the extension is what makes the most sense for the Phillies.

They're not going to pay Halladay and Lee.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 07:44 PM)
Phillippe Aumont.. a Canadian... hometown guy.. Toronto loves him.. makes sense. I can't believe the Phils got to hold onto Drebak (their top pitching prospect) in all of this. Man Seattle got way more dangerous and it makes sense for the Phillies as Lee was going to test the market and already rejected an extension from them.

I know Aumont really well. He's got a lot of upside as he started playing baseball at 14. Plus arm but he's got location issues. He can throw some heat.