sox close to another deal?

chisox2334

:(

Sounds like another deal may not happen....

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

Ozzie and KW talked today and Ozzie likes what we have and doesn't want a "DH". He really likes the platoon DH idea. I somewhat like the idea of a rotating DH, but I think we are one upgrade in our offense away still.

I can't wait for Ozzie to get fired already.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 05:14 PM)

Ozzie and KW talked today and Ozzie likes what we have and doesn't want a "DH". He really likes the platoon DH idea. I somewhat like the idea of a rotating DH, but I think we are one upgrade in our offense away still.

Lets see:

Pierre L

Beckham R

Quentin R

Konerko R

Pierzynski L

Ramirez R

Rios R

Teahen L

Only 3 left handed bats. . . KW loves that Left handed bat in the middle of the order. I'm going to go on a limb and say he's not finished yet.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 05:25 PM)
Lets see:

Pierre L

Beckham R

Quentin R

Konerko R

Pierzynski L

Ramirez R

Rios R

Teahen L

Only 3 left handed bats. . . KW loves that Left handed bat in the middle of the order. I'm going to go on a limb and say he's not finished yet.

I hope you are right. Please be Gonzo or Prince!!!! Of course that would move PK to DH FULL TIME, which goes against what Ozzie just said in an interview.

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
I hope you are right. Please be Gonzo or Prince!!!! Of course that would move PK to DH FULL TIME, which goes against what Ozzie just said in an interview.

Prince is represented by Scott Boras so that is unlikely. Gonzo will be heavily courted by the Red Sox and while the Sox have enough to get Adrian Gonzalez, they can't afford to go toe to toe with them.

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 05:14 PM)

I believe very little of what I hear publicly from the White Sox organization in the offseason.

Especially from Ozzie, as I'm pretty sure KW lies to him on a regular basis.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 05:34 PM)
Prince is represented by Scott Boras so that is unlikely. Gonzo will be heavily courted by the Red Sox and while the Sox have enough to get Adrian Gonzalez, they can't afford to go toe to toe with them.

I know you are curbing my enthusiasm here.....

Regarding Prince, if the Sox couldn`t resign him wouldn`t they get 2 draft picks if he ends up being a FA

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 05:25 PM)
Lets see:

Pierre L

Beckham R

Quentin R

Konerko R

Pierzynski L

Ramirez R

Rios R

Teahen L

Thome is going to comeback for a cheap one-year deal. We get a lefty, he stays close to his family (they live year-round in Chicago) and everyone is happy. He is only good for 400 at-bats anyway, but if he DHs against righties and Jones against lefties, you got yourself a very good platoon there.

Edited by maggsmaggs

One can can only hope. The team is very solid right now. Don't mess it up.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
I wouldnt be upset. Quentin had one good year and was NEVER the same after the wrist injury. Remember, he was bad before he got hurt this past season.

Quentin put up a .960 OPS in April, in no world is that 'bad'.

QUOTE (Soderholm's Lovechild @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
I believe very little of what I hear publicly from the White Sox organization in the offseason.

Especially from Ozzie, as I'm pretty sure KW lies to him on a regular basis.

That is an exceptional point. Kenny likes stuff to stay quiet and it is no secret that Ozzie has loose lips.

"Loose Lips Sink Ships"

Thome is going to comeback for a cheap one-year deal. We get a lefty, he stays close to his family (they live year-round in Chicago) and everyone is happy. He is only good for 400 at-bats anyway, but if he DHs against righties and Jones against lefties, you got yourself a very good platoon there.

Jones was better last year against righties than lefties.

If you want a platoonat DH? Sign Garret Atkins and Thome.

the name of game is always gotta give up something to get something good. I believe w sox dont wanna go do that route just yet and think about stuff. I do believe that free agent way is not the way w sox want to go.

So you think they don't want to acquire anyone good via trade and they don't want to sign free agents.

Great. We're the Royals.

w sox are always trying to get better but if means including names of beckham, both danks etc. there not going to do that.

if anything w sox will try unload contract of limbrink so they can spend on free agents.

by no means do i think w sox are royals but payroll is up and not really any wiggle room

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
w sox are always trying to get better but if means including names of beckham, both danks etc. there not going to do that.

if anything w sox will try unload contract of limbrink so they can spend on free agents.

by no means do i think w sox are royals but payroll is up and not really any wiggle room

You don't think they would've done that by now if it were at all feasible?