2010 Cubs Thread

knightni

Carlos Gomez walks on water against the Sox but against the cub, while I am only watching on line, Esocbar singles and Gomez is out at third.........against he Sox he steals second and scores on the hit.

Oh and Soriano with a fielding error

Weeks is really turning into the player they thought he would be.

The Brewers oughta trade Fielder for pitching if he is really looking for $200m contract.

Edited by Jenks Heat

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
LOL at Soriano and that contract.

Just think...we had him for McCarthy. The only thing that saved us was that he decided he'd rather test the market than sign an extension at the time. We wound up with Danks out of that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 02:42 PM)
Just think...we had him for McCarthy. The only thing that saved us was that he decided he'd rather test the market than sign an extension at the time. We wound up with Danks out of that.

That would have been scary.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
I could see them just cutting bait or trading him for a bag of balls while paying 90% of his contract. They have a ton of money.

I don't think it's as much as many people think, they have a ton of money tied up in bad contracts, the Rickett's had to scramble for money to finalize the deal (remember the story when they were asking local celebrities to pitch in?) and they have Wrigley, which makes money, but is also a lot to keep up. FWIW, Terry Boers, who has been around awhile, reported his sources saying the Cubs won't be opening their checkbooks for big time FAs for a little bit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying, nor was Boers saying, that the Cubs are going to be a mid payroll team, they'll continue to be up there, but I think some Cubs fans thought with the Ricketts they would jump up to another level, it doesn't seem that will happen right away

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
Milwaukee's pen is not much better than the cubs though, so it is far from over.

For having a great line-up the Brewers have three good hitters and that's it.

Their pitching is terrible.

2 of those 3 good hitters are elite though and that helps big time.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
We'd be lucky to come in 3rd place with our current lineup.

? What, the one the Sox are running out today with Jones/Vizquel/Kotsay all in it? With that pitching staff, I still think that lineup could challenge the Cardinals.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
? What, the one the Sox are running out today with Jones/Vizquel/Kotsay all in it? With that pitching staff, I still think that lineup could challenge the Cardinals.

I guess I should say we'd be in the hunt for 3rd place...even 2nd. St Louis is a much better overall team though.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
We'd be lucky to come in 3rd place with our current lineup.

Yeah right. Look at the crap in that league. The pitching is absolutely terrible. We would feast on weak breaking balls and the bullpen's crap pitches.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
I guess I should say we'd be in the hunt for 3rd place...even 2nd. St Louis is a much better overall team though.

I'd take that lineup and our pitching staff over the Cubs or Reds or Pirates or Astros or Brewers without a 2nd thought.