2010 Cubs Thread

knightni

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
My god.. is Sean Marshall that bad? Seems like he's always being dicked around by that organization. I can understand not getting Samardzija a shot who I see as a future BP guy anyway, but Marshall is much better than both of those guys.

Sean Marshall must have slept with Hendry's wife or something. He has one of the best curves in the league, and he keeps getting dicked around by the organization.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
Sean Marshall must have slept with Hendry's wife or something. He has one of the best curves in the league, and he keeps getting dicked around by the organization.

It just boggles my mind that they were so in love with Mr. 12-6 Rich Hill, and yet the guy who resembles his pitching style (and arsenal) alot, they bury. When given chances over the last couple of years, Marshall is actually pretty solid not to mention is still young. I guess it gets to me more as I was a fan of his when the Cubs drafted him not to mention as a prospect (very rarely from that org.)

Edited by SoxAce

what do justin berg, esmailin caridad, and james russell all have in common? I've never heard of them and they are all in the cubs pen to start the season...

Lou is going to have to hope his starters give him 7 just about every game, and when 4-5 come up in that rotation as gorzelanny and silva its going to get ugly.

Those two guys are going to have plenty of 4 and 5 inning starts, and that pen is going to have to cover a ton of innings. Hell even after those 3 guys i named earlier, they have Samardjiza, Grabow, and Marshall....not exactly lights out. Not to mention everyone knows of Marmols inconsistency and potential to get injured.

If i was an opponent i would make those starters throw as many pitches as possible, because when they start to get tired its going to get ugly on the northside

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
I made a comment today to a buddy about how bad the cubs pitching is gonna be. HE responded with, Big Z, Dempster, Wells, and Lily should be solid. I told him I wasn't talking about them. Nice zambrano last 4 outs

Zambrano the Ace hasnt materialized in a long time. He was a dynamic #3 for them at one point though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)
Zambrano the Ace hasnt materialized in a long time. He was a dynamic #3 for them at one point though.

LOL, that's a hilarious way to look at it when I think about what happened to their 1 and 2.