2010 Cubs Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 11:16 PM)
Cubs need to just stop responding to Milton Bradley when he comments on them. It just makes them look bad since everybody thinks Bradley is a nut job, so just ignore him.

I dont blame them for getting pissed that he insinuated that the hate mail came from within the organization.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 08:03 AM)
I did not know Steve Goodman wrote that s***ty song.

It’s not the greatest song in the world, but it creates a nice atmosphere in The Urinal after the games. I wouldn’t mind the Sox getting a victory song, hopefully, a decent one.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
It’s not the greatest song in the world, but it creates a nice atmosphere in The Urinal after the games. I wouldn’t mind the Sox getting a victory song, hopefully, a decent one.

You don't like the 1959 Captain Stubby ditty? Let's Go Go-Go White Sox?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 12:37 PM)
In the paper today, the Cubs are going to run run and more run to create runs. With who Lou? Half your team cant run and the other half is injured.

LOL. Your projected leadoff hitter gets 20+ SB a year, but no one else in your lineup even hit double digit steals last year. And the one player with great SB skills in the past has admitted his knee is nowhere near healthy, even after the offseason. Good luck with that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 12:37 PM)
In the paper today, the Cubs are going to run run and more run to create runs. With who Lou? Half your team cant run and the other half is injured.

FanGraphs speed index of Cubs lineup

1. Fukudome - 4.4

2. Theirot - 5.5

3. Lee - 3.5

4. Ramirez - 3

5. Byrd - 4.3

6. Soriano - 4.7

7. Soto - 2

8. Fontenot - 4

ML average speed is 4.2.

They have 4 above average runners and all the rest are below average. I don't know where this illusion of speed came from. xD

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)

1. Fukudome - 4.4

2. Theirot - 5.5

3. Lee - 3.5

4. Ramirez - 3

5. Byrd - 4.3

6. Soriano - 4.7

7. Soto - 2

8. Fontenot - 4

ML average speed is 4.2.

They have 4 above average runners and all the rest are below average. I don't know where this illusion of speed came from. xD

Well, Lou is pushin' 70. He also said about a month or so ago that this team (the Cubs) is "young" and hungry.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)

1. Fukudome - 4.4

2. Theirot - 5.5

3. Lee - 3.5

4. Ramirez - 3

5. Byrd - 4.3

6. Soriano - 4.7

7. Soto - 2

8. Fontenot - 4

ML average speed is 4.2.

are they projecting Fontenot as the starter? yikes

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
yeah, the Cubs look like a disaster to me for 2010, and maybe worse going forward. I'd be shocked if they did better than 3rd in the NLC this year.

the best part is that their expanding contract obligations will make it even harder to recover.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
the best part is that their expanding contract obligations will make it even harder to recover.

If the 2 Chicago teams swapped GM's, I'd guarantee you that you'd see both Vitters and that new young SS moved before the trading deadline, probably for a starting pitcher and a LH bat, to try to make one last run at it this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
If the 2 Chicago teams swapped GM's, I'd guarantee you that you'd see both Vitters and that new young SS moved before the trading deadline, probably for a starting pitcher and a LH bat, to try to make one last run at it this year.

If the Cubs want to move forward, they need to deal the one big contract that has value, Zambrano.