Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
not the "home run" pick, but still a solid addition, especially for football. Guess we'll see what this does for Texas, Oklahoma and the rest of the Big 12.

They're going to the Pac 10..

The Big 12 is toast

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)
They're going to the Pac 10..

The Big 12 is toast

If the Pac10 grab Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&m, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State... where do Colorado, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, and Kansas State go?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
If the Pac10 grab Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&m, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State... where do Colorado, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, and Kansas State go?

I dunno why the rest of the big 12 has to leave just because nebraska goes. they still have 2-3 solid football programs.

If they do though, some reports think the remaining members of the big 12 will hook up with the mountain west.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)

Well the idea is they take Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, and one of Baylor/Colorado

Ide assume the Mountain West would take Colorado, Kansas, and KSU if they could.. I have no idea what would happen to Iowa State

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)
Well the idea is they take Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, and one of Baylor/Colorado

Ide assume the Mountain West would take Colorado, Kansas, and KSU if they could.. I have no idea what would happen to Iowa State

That makes sense. Iowa State to CUSA or MAC?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
not the "home run" pick, but still a solid addition, especially for football. Guess we'll see what this does for Texas, Oklahoma and the rest of the Big 12.

Solid addition for sure. Now which way does the B10 break as far as two halves of a conference?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 05:14 PM)
That makes sense. Iowa State to CUSA or MAC?

Too far away from Conference USA. Farrrrrr too big for the MAC.

They are f***ed.

Only scenario that works is that the remaining Big 12 members (ISU, Mizzou, Kansas, Kansas State and Baylor) take their new massive buyout checks and invite teams from the MWC that really want the access to our TV contracts, bowl tieins and AQ status.

That and putting Dan Beebe on a plane to the moon.

Iowa St./Kansas/Kansas St/Colorado could join Colorado St, BYU, Utah, New Mexico, New Mexico St, Nevada, UNLV, & Air Force and make a new Mountain West Conference.

East

Iowa St.

Kansas

Kansas St.

Colorado

Colorado St.

Air Force

West

Utah

BYU

Nevada

UNLV

NM St

New Mexico

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
As of now Missouri would need to be part of that group. Otherwise they are completely left out.

Missouri can eliminate any of them if needed but I think the Big 10 will take them.

I have no clue.

Hell, there's even a radio station in Utah that's now apparently reporting the Big Ten will look to go to 16 and Iowa State would be one of the additions.

Best case scenario would be a new Big 12 with Iowa State, Baylor, Mizzou, Kansas, Kansas State, BYU, Boise State, Air Force, TCU, Utah, Colorado State, New Mexico and UNLV.

My biggest concern over this is if NCAA 2011 the video game is going to be able to patch the conferences to update them to whatever this new alignment brings.. I don't wanna play it the old way..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
My biggest concern over this is if NCAA 2011 the video game is going to be able to patch the conferences to update them to whatever this new alignment brings.. I don't wanna play it the old way..

I don't think any of the changes will happen until the 2012 season.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:00 AM)
USC hit with 2 year ban from bowl games.

http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/cfootba...rticleID=282042

Going to be real interesting to see how the loss of schollie's will be divided up. In a few years, USC might be where Alabama was a few years back and where Miami was in the mid to late 90s.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:25 AM)
Going to be real interesting to see how the loss of schollie's will be divided up. In a few years, USC might be where Alabama was a few years back and where Miami was in the mid to late 90s.

20 scholarships too.

Enjoy, Kiffin.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)
I can't believe there isn't a thread in here for this - I don't even see it being discussed, which is weird. Tectonic shifts going on, BIG 12 may be a gone goose. Nebraska to Big 10, 6 schools to PAC-10, 5 schools who knows...

NCAA football thread.

Hell, considering the conference realignment is entirely about football, it belongs there anyway.