Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
Looks like the ball hit the ground before Briggs secured.

I thought it'd be overturned but they really blew it IMO. But nice to see someone else get f***ed by a bad call (Johnson TD notwithstanding)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
That play was crazy. The defender literally swatted it down with two hands... straight to the Jags receiver waiting for the ball.

Reminds me of a Madden game I played a week or two ago. Dolphins defender swatted it down, but right to Braylon Edwards, who then got tackled into the end zone. I was so shocked that I forgot to move after Edwards caught the ball. Good thing the play happened right next to the end zone.

Don't look now, but the O-line is giving some decent pass protection.

edit: Except Omiyale. He f***ing sucks, all for the better though because Cutler knows it's going to happen and runs to the right, and he's better while he's moving.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
Don't look now, but the O-line is giving some decent pass protection.

Jamarcus Webb still got owned a decent amount of times by Ray Edwards.

Cutler's making it easier on the o-line by using his feet a lot more though. Surprisingly, the running game was over the century mark today.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
Jamarcus Webb still got owned a decent amount of times by Ray Edwards.

Cutler's making it easier on the o-line by using his feet a lot more though. Surprisingly, the running game was over the century mark today.

They looked brilliant compared to the first few weeks. That was about as bad of a performance as I've ever seen from a line.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
If there was a stat for "Interceptions Caused" then I'd wager that Johnny Knox would be leading the NFL in it and probably led last year too.

That first one by Cutler today was definitely on Knox. That ball was on his hands.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
It's not a Cutler game without the prerequisite red zone TO, guess we'll have to take the bad with the good.

Despite the turnover I'll take his performance last week and this week. Very few poor decisions, lots of big plays and good throws and he made a lot out of a little in multiple situations.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
That play was crazy. The defender literally swatted it down with two hands... straight to the Jags receiver waiting for the ball.

Think they'll go back to teaching "Intercept the ball if you can" now, rather than praising the people who knock the ball down?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)
Very good start for the Jason Garratt era so far.

Best we've been this season by a huge margin.

The Giants really seem like one of those teams that only wakes up when they're facing a challenge. They weren't up for the game but they started off behind, and they've played a much better 3rd quarter. Could just be too late.