Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 10:01 AM)
On my ride into work today, score callers were clamoring for a Harris for Haynesworth swap. The dude is a headcase but he probably has more left in the tank than Harris at this point and he already got his signing bonus money. . . might not be the worst idea.

My new nickname for Tommie Harris is 50 Cent, they both Got Rich and Stopped Tryin'.

I wonder what is gonna happen with this Nick Collins thing. He says the bears fan dropped an N-bomb on him and thats why he threw his mouthpiece at the fan. Now a news station has pictures of the fan or fans involved in the altercation and is asking people to identify him. Should be interesting, it is basically Collins word against the fan here

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/tv-station-a...witnesses-29054

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 01:05 PM)
How's that bulls***? The Packers made a ton of stupid mistakes and seemingly outplayed the Bears for pretty much the entire first half. There's no doubt they're the more talented team, they just didn't play like a very smart one.

That's like saying the Sox didn't give a game away after losing to the Royals or Indians after 5 balks and 5 errors.

Ok I will concede that the Packers were capable of playing much better than they did but this is going too far. You can't play like s***, lose, and then say you "outplayed" the team you lost to. Those two things are interconnected.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
I wonder what is gonna happen with this Nick Collins thing. He says the bears fan dropped an N-bomb on him and thats why he threw his mouthpiece at the fan. Now a news station has pictures of the fan or fans involved in the altercation and is asking people to identify him. Should be interesting, it is basically Collins word against the fan here

Even if a fan yelled the N-word at him, he's not supposed to throw things back.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)

Nothing will come of it for the fan, thats for sure. Collins is a dumb ass for reacting. He should have been focused on not drawing so many dumb penalties.

The Bears have probably faced the best QB they're going to face the rest of the year already (until January 2).

Week 4: Eli Manning - decent but not on Rodgers's level plus the Giants are struggling

Week 5: Jimmy Clausen - Rookie on a rebuilding team

Week 6: Hasselbeck - meh

Week 7: McNabb

Week 8: bye (note: all of the previous 4 teams are beatable and it's not inconceivable that the Bears could be 7-0 going into the bye)

Week 9: Fitzpatrick? who the f*** knows who it will be by then

Week 10: Favre

Week 11: Henne

Week 12: Vick - it's been a while and this will be rough but he's not Rodgers

Week 13: Stafford - should be back by then

Week 14: Brady, yes I am saying that Rodgers > Brady as of right now

Week 15: Favre

Week 16: Sanchez

Week 17: Rodgers

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
The Bears have probably faced the best QB they're going to face the rest of the year already (until January 2).

Week 4: Eli Manning - decent but not on Rodgers's level plus the Giants are struggling

Week 5: Jimmy Clausen - Rookie on a rebuilding team

Week 6: Hasselbeck - meh

Week 7: McNabb

Week 8: bye (note: all of the previous 4 teams are beatable and it's not inconceivable that the Bears could be 7-0 going into the bye)

this is the nfl, it never makes sense.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 07:55 AM)
The Bears are +190 currently in Vegas.

I got them at +140 for the Packers game Monday night.

Is this that big of a trap game for us, or does anyone else see this as easy money like I do?

Bears are +4 this weekend right? Kind of surprising given how poorly NYG played the last two weeks.

everyone is looking at the Giants as a trap game. I hope they make Eli look as bad as he did against the Titans. Another lefthanded shuffle pass would be nice

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 08:54 AM)
Yeah, 3.5 or 4 point favorites.

I sense a trap...

ha

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 08:55 AM)
everyone is looking at the Giants as a trap game. I hope they make Eli look as bad as he did against the Titans. Another lefthanded shuffle pass would be nice

I understand the fact that we're coming off a big, emotional win on MNF against our historical rival, but I just don't see this team resting on their laurels quite yet. I see that Panthers game as a bigger trap game than this one. The Giants may have played terribly the past two weeks, but they are still the Giants, this is still Eli Manning, and they still play under the bright lights. And this is a nationally televised game. I don't see us letting up here.

We will shut down their running game, and Eli will hit Steve Smith about 12 times, but if we keep them out of the end zone similarly to the way we did against Green Bay, I don't see us losing this game.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 08:59 AM)
I understand the fact that we're coming off a big, emotional win on MNF against our historical rival, but I just don't see this team resting on their laurels quite yet. I see that Panthers game as a bigger trap game than this one. The Giants may have played terribly the past two weeks, but they are still the Giants, this is still Eli Manning, and they still play under the bright lights. And this is a nationally televised game. I don't see us letting up here.

We will shut down their running game, and Eli will hit Steve Smith about 12 times, but if we keep them out of the end zone similarly to the way we did against Green Bay, I don't see us losing this game.

I think the Bears have a good shot of winning this one too. The Giants O line has had similar problems to the Packers, Eli has been far from hassle free. If Peppers gets going like he did last week there will either be many sacks or many flags, and both of those bode well for the bears.

I want to see the offense tee off on someone. You can see that they have been close(Dallas) but havent quite reached that level yet. I want to see it happen

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 08:08 AM)
I think the Bears have a good shot of winning this one too. The Giants O line has had similar problems to the Packers, Eli has been far from hassle free. If Peppers gets going like he did last week there will either be many sacks or many flags, and both of those bode well for the bears.

I want to see the offense tee off on someone. You can see that they have been close(Dallas) but havent quite reached that level yet. I want to see it happen

It looks like the Giants have given up a lot of rushing yards per game (136), but have done well against the passing game (169 per game).

Should be interesting how much Martz tries to force the run, or whether he just tries to play to the Bears' strengths rather than against the Giants' weakness.

I haven't seen the Giants much this year, other than the thrashing at the hands of the Colts, in which case that defense didn't really stop anything.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 05:43 PM)
Thank you very much...GB is a dumb team and dumb teams don't go far in the playoffs.

Was that prick comment really necessary? At least this "dumb" team made the playoffs last year, so I guess it got us somewhere ;)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
Do you know why the Packers didn't take I-94 back to Green Bay after the game? They didn't want to see another six flags.

I have to admit I chuckled lol, story of this team's life since McCarthy took over the helm.