If you could have 1 player back

ChiliIrishHammock24

If you could have 1 player back on the roster that we lost via trade/FA in the past 5 years, who would it be? Contract not an issue.

For me, I would say I would like Javier Vazquez back. I can't even imagine how filthy our rotation would be if we have Peavy, Buehrle, Vazquez, Danks, and Floyd with Sweaty Freddy and Hudson as our back-ups. We already have a top 3 rotation in baseball, but this would give us the obvious #1. The only thing about that is Vazquez is probably just a product of the NL and will not have close to the same year he did in '09, but even if AL self would make an excellent 3rd starter.

My 2nd choice was CF Chris Young of the Diamondbacks. Interesting enough, he was the one traded for Javy Vazquez when we got him from AZ a few years ago. Chris Young had an awful 2009, that is why I didn't choose him, but he has great skills and can be a 5-tool player if he can get back to where he was in 2008. Young would take CF with Rios moving to RF, Pierre in LF, and Quentin as the DH.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
It doesnt sound like you're talking about reversing-trades, but just taking back one guy. So if that's the case, Chris Carter

Right, just simply adding a lost player back on. I see where you are going with Chris Carter, but I was aiming more towards adding to the current team, unless you are inferring that Carter would be a starter for us in 2010.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)
If you could have 1 player back on the roster that we lost via trade/FA in the past 5 years, who would it be? Contract not an issue.

For me, I would say I would like Javier Vazquez back. I can't even imagine how filthy our rotation would be if we have Peavy, Buehrle, Vazquez, Danks, and Floyd with Sweaty Freddy and Hudson as our back-ups. We already have a top 3 rotation in baseball, but this would give us the obvious #1. The only thing about that is Vazquez is probably just a product of the NL and will not have close to the same year he did in '09, but even if AL self would make an excellent 3rd starter.

My 2nd choice was CF Chris Young of the Diamondbacks. Interesting enough, he was the one traded for Javy Vazquez when we got him from AZ a few years ago. Chris Young had an awful 2009, that is why I didn't choose him, but he has great skills and can be a 5-tool player if he can get back to where he was in 2008. Young would take CF with Rios moving to RF, Pierre in LF, and Quentin as the DH.

Dewon Day.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)
I'm going to be eaten alive for this: Swish. He's one of my favorite ball players, i love his personality, i love his approach to the game, i thought he was railroaded out of town by Ozzie, we got nothing back for him. and one year does not a bad player make.

The thought crossed my mind. If we really arent concerned with contracts..then he's up there. Has to be, even just in the sense that he could be moved for something better later on once back to career levels

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)
I'm going to be eaten alive for this: Swish. He's one of my favorite ball players, i love his personality, i love his approach to the game, i thought he was railroaded out of town by Ozzie, we got nothing back for him. and one year does not a bad player make.

well, I'll get attacked with you on this, because if we're not talking contracts than him and Javy would be at the top of my list too, also agree with Carlos back as a DH