If you could have 1 player back

ChiliIrishHammock24

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Rowand has posted a wOBA between .323 and .325 in 4 of his last 5 seasons (league average is around .330) with a ~22% K rate and his defense over the past 4 years has been a little above league average, oh and he'll turn 33 in August. He's a pretty mediocre baseball player who is now past his prime.

I think it's a bit of a confusing question

Would I want the magglio of what...06 07 08? hell yeah, Do I want the magglio of 10? Not so much.

If we are taking a players best year and putting it on that team, that's one thing, I thought we are adding a player we want on our team today that we lost. In that case, Vazquez. The rotation would be ridiculous and our bullpen would be the least used.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 07:22 PM)

Would I want the magglio of what...06 07 08? hell yeah, Do I want the magglio of 10? Not so much.

If we are taking a players best year and putting it on that team, that's one thing, I thought we are adding a player we want on our team today that we lost. In that case, Vazquez. The rotation would be ridiculous and our bullpen would be the least used.

I might have to change my pick to Vazquez, didn't even think SP's.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)

I mean current players in their current skillset. Otherwise I would have definitely picked 2006 Joe Crede.

The first player I'd take back? Maggs. That's mainly because he was my hero after Frank stopped being Super-Frank. I was immensely sad when he was gone.

I would then hit Maggs with a bat and take Carlos Lee. Why?

Dude was my hero and I still cheered for him. Then at a Sox game in '08 (the one where Thames and Wise both hit Grand Slams, Griff got his 500th double) Maggs faked throwing a ball to a kid and then jogged off the field with a ball. I wanted to run down to the dugout and shave off his darn hair.